ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Sergeant Audie Murphy Board    Starting a Chapter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Starting a Chapter
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently stationed in Schweinfurt, Germany and we do not have a SAMC chapter here currently. I have spoken with a few of the other SAMC members here and we are looking to start our own chapter. Our issue is where to start and what to do. Any guidance that can be provided would be deeply appreciated!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was under the impression, SAMC is only stateside and if you were in Europe you had SGT Morales Board, with the exception to Iraq/Afgan, I know they conduct SAM Boards there

Posts: 494 | Registered: 24 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I currently fall under MEDCOM, and since MEDCOM is based out of San Antonio, we have SAMC regardless of being stationed OCONUS. Bit of an odd loophole. Non-MEDCOM units in Europe do attend the SGT Morales Boards however.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
sent you a msg on ako torch

"you lead from the front" A.M.

"don't die for your country,...
make the other SOB die for his"
~Patton

Posts: 7 | Registered: 12 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
TorchBearer

TorchBearer,

I can mail you a DVD I give out to SAMC members. I've doing this since 2002. The DVD contains avery document you'd need to start up a SAMC chapter. Included are samples of BN/BDE/Garrison/Post MOIs, Board Scoresheets, appropriate TRADOC and FORSCOM regs, Chapter By-Laws, Treasurer Reports and Bank Account info, Roberts Rules of Order, a timeline of what needs to be accomplished and in what order, TDY trips to Greenville (Texas) for the Annual Audie Murphy Days and a ton of Audie related photos and graphics.

Just about every document is either in a Word or PowerPoint format, for easy editing/updating.

Just send me your snail mail address and I'll send you a copy. This goes for anybody out there. My email address is: george.keck@yahoo.com

theoldsarge
SSG, USA, Retired
President, Audie Murphy National Fan Club
Member, SGT Audie Murphy Club
Co-Founder, Fort Sill SGT Audie Murphy Club
Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars
Life Member, Disabled American Veterans
Ride Captain, SW OK Patriot Guard Riders

Posts: 22 | Location: Lawton, OK, USA, Earth, Milky Way | Registered: 20 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post