Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ASVAB 98 Score
 Login/Join

posted
What's the current max. bonus and salary to enlist as a Crypt. Ling.? I have B.A. in Chemistry as well. I scored 98 on ASVAB. I was going to be enlisted as E4 after I took the DLAB. My recruiter fell off map

Question:
What is max bonus?
Can I enlist for only 4 years

Choices:
What is max bonus
Can I enlist for only 4 years

JE

Posts: 1 | Location: philadelphia pa | Registered: 24 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG (P) Blalock
posted Hide Post
Are you saying your GT score is 98?? If so I would retake the ASVAB. Some MOS's require minimum 100 on GT but if you are looking for more options you should work towards a GT of 110. Not sure if this helps, but I am being honest, if indeed you scored a 98 I would retake the test and get it higher. Just my 2 cents worth.

Posts: 39 | Location: Ansbach, Germany | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Max bonus is $40,000. You can enlist from 2-6 years. The bonus depends on the ASVAB score,job and number of years enlisted. You will have to get with a recruiter to see if that job will be available for you. They pay for an E-4 is somewhere around $1550/mo. right now. You can google to get exact amount. I would advise you to have 2 or 3 fields you would like to go into. If your recruiter fell off the map then locate him. Recruiters are very busy people under a lot of stress. If he is avoiding you it could also be that you are disqualified for some reason. However, if you took the ASVAB that may be unlikely. Good luck.

Posts: 41 | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSG Blalock:
Are you saying your GT score is 98?? If so I would retake the ASVAB. Some MOS's require minimum 100 on GT but if you are looking for more options you should work towards a GT of 110. Not sure if this helps, but I am being honest, if indeed you scored a 98 I would retake the test and get it higher. Just my 2 cents worth.

Being that he said ASVAB, I would assume that he meant ASVAB. If he got a 98 on the ASVAB, his line scores will be probably be good enough to pick any MOS he wants.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntelSergeant:
quote:
Originally posted by SSG Blalock:

Being that he said ASVAB, I would assume that he meant ASVAB. If he got a 98 on the ASVAB, his line scores will be probably be good enough to pick any MOS he wants.

That's how I took it too Intel. Like I got a 99 on the ASVAB but a 136 GT score.

That being said they give bonuses for ASVAB Score? Boy did I get shafted. Oh, well that just shows you how much I knew before I enlisted. But congratulations you can do anything you want and the job is the main thing that decides how much of a bonus you can get so if you go into a high demand field such as EOD, 89D I believe, you'll get a much bigger bonus than if you were to going to be a Computer Help Desk guy, 25B. Though the job you are looking at might have 20-40K if it's what I'm thinking it is but definitely don't quote me on that. Your recruiters should be able to tell you the current bonus for specific MOS's.

Posts: 115 | Registered: 21 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
E-4 pay with less than 2 years of service beginnig 1 january is $1828!

Get Some!

Posts: 560 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No offense, but did you take your ASVAB after no sleep or something? Because if you say you have a Bachelor's, the ASVAB should be a walk in the park. You should easily score above 110.

Posts: 71 | Location: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: 27 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 25F3S
posted Hide Post
Its too bad that ASVAB scores to go a max of 99. Razzer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 25F3S,

The sky, even more than the sea, is terribly unforgiving for even the slightest mistake.

Posts: 30 | Location: MacDill AFB, FL | Registered: 03 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
OneChuck,
His ASVAB score was a 98, not his GT score!!

Posts: 37 | Registered: 27 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneChuck:
No offense, but did you take your ASVAB after no sleep or something? Because if you say you have a Bachelor's, the ASVAB should be a walk in the park. You should easily score above 110.

Did you research and then write this after no sleep or something? Because you should easily know he said ASVAB not GT score...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post