Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guard to active
 Login/Join

posted
I need some advice concerning a few waivers I got when I joined the Guard. I have a waiver for a failed pee test at meps the other one is for my dui. I was able to join then but im not good enough now? I have done nothing but prove myself since I enlisted. Ive gone to Iraq and Kuwait with the guard, I've gotten several awards and I have the units BC and SGM that I deployed with backing me is that going to help? I really appreciate any help.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 14 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
How can you be in the National Guard and not spell Guard right? It is Guard. Also, you first require a conditional release approved by your Command before an AD recruiter can initiate processing.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm sorry about my grammar im not exactly the best at spelling sometimes. but I have all ready talked with my chain of command and there going to be signing the conditional release. As far as the waivers are concerned is there anything I can do about that.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
What are you talking about? I went from Guard to active in 2003 and the waiver that was approved by the Guard were allowed for active service.

posted Hide Post
The recruiter that I talked to today said that ill most likely get denied in so many words he said there's no possible way. In 2003 they were taking anyone and everybody.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
You are right about 2003 but did he answer why the approved waiver for the Guard would not be good for AD? Do you have copies of those waivers?

posted Hide Post
I have duplicates of every document that the army has ever given me. I'm going to talk to the recruiter tomorrow and ask that very same question. Ive got a feeling that he may be saying that because it involves a lot of paperwork on his behalf to recruit a prior-enlisted over a new recruit. Also, it doesn't go towards his quota. I really appreciate all the input into getting me to ask the rite questions.