New
Find
Notify
Tools

ASVAB GT Score
 Login/Join

posted
What is the highest possible GT score?

Is it the same for the other line scores?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 22 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Prophet
posted Hide Post
Used to be 130, I think it's 150 now.

Posts: 339 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GLUCKAB!
posted Hide Post
I tried looking that one up and asking around a bit but couldn't find a good answer for you. STANDBY...

Posts: 7 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: 04 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I've met someone with a 143 and mine's a few points below that.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yes, at least 150 lol. I got a 150 GT; I think there may have been someone at my school who also had a GT around there. Many sources on the web say 140 was the highest, such as ehow.com, answerbag.com(same info) and former recruiters as well as other people on Yahoo answers.

I was trying to figure it out from usmilitary.about.com. Chart and composite score definitions. It doesn't explain if the section 'line scores' are simply added to get the composite scores, and it doesn't say what the max line scores even are. But the VE chart tells you the max VE score is 62?? It also says the max AFQT Raw Score, which is 2VE + AR + MK, is 320 according to the chart. If these are added simply then AR + MK must be 196 points max, for 196 + 62*2= 320. If they had the same max line score then they would be worth 98 each.

62 (VE) + 98 (AR) = 160, which would suggest a max of 160 for GT if composite scores are obtained this way from individual scores for the army.

Things that would support this:
-all my other scores were higher than 150 (my GT), but none of them were higher than 160 iirc.

Things that do not support this:
-Nothing on the interwebs says that GTs can go this high. They either say 140, which might have been true in the past, or this thread says 150.
-Adding other composite scores linearly should have made my other scores be a lot higher than 160?? Does everyone have a GT lower than their other scores?
-this post looks like they're saying they got a VE of 66, which is higher than the max in the about.com chart. They may have meant they had a 66 AR actually; but that would suggest (not prove) that AR does not go to 98.
-the same post also says that 66 and 62 added to a 130 composite GT, which is not linear. I have no idea how they got their raw line scores, can't remember if the test results give you these scores..? Frowner

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
i just took the afct in march; its 130

Posts: 56 | Location: Ft. Huachuca | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaySISSMO:
i just took the afct in march; its 130

What's 130??
And what's the afct? We were talking about ASVAB.

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know as a fact that it can go at least as high as 142. I feel pretty confident that the max is 150.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The AFCT(Armed Forces Classification Test) is basically the same thing as the ASVAB. If you are trying to improve your GT score or your line scores for that matter, you take the AFCT. I actually just took the class to raise my GT from 104 to 123 and our instructor told us the highest you could get is a 130, though I had known people with higher GT's than that. I can't say for sure what the actual max is because I cannot find a clearcut answer on line.

Posts: 6 | Location: Wiesbaden Germany | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of crossfire
posted Hide Post
The max line scores must be 150 or higher.
My GT is my lowest at 119 and my highest is a GM of 146.
I wanted to be a Egineer because I thought I'd be around the smart peaple in the Army.
Oops lol.

ESSYONS
Army stromg is more than just the way we smell.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 06 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crossfire:
I wanted to be a Egineer because I thought I'd be around the smart peaple in the Army.
Oops lol.

lol

<That325iGetsDown>
posted
I thought I was smart with my 120 Frowner That was in 2003 though. Has the max changed since then?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pathfinder1
posted Hide Post
You have many different scores in the ASVAB. QT is math and English. Regardless of your scores, you need more than that. Add some experience, intellect and common sense - along with a decent work ethic to be considered "Smart" and successful. Don't put yourself on some "pedestal".

Posts: 81 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You can't judge yourself based off of one test. There are many book smart people out there who have no common sense. I don't need no test to tell me how smart I am, especially an military test. I also got a 120 GT score but all that matters is my job comes easy to me. I can figure new stuff out pretty quickly and be proficient. I took mine in 2002 but I am sure the military changed it since then.

Dave

Posts: 258 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pathfinder1:
You have many different scores in the ASVAB. QT is math and English. Regardless of your scores, you need more than that. Add some experience, intellect and common sense - along with a decent work ethic to be considered "Smart" and successful. Don't put yourself on some "pedestal".

Nicely stated, there have been too many instances where I have met "smart dumb people".

Dave

Posts: 258 | Location: Japan | Registered: 04 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post