ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  General Enlistment Discussion    35L reclass and promotion question?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

35L reclass and promotion question?
 Login/Join

posted
Ok. I am currently a 31B going thru the process of doing a voluntary reclass to 35L. Currently 35L are not accepting E5 (P) anymore regardless of the lastest milper message that was put out. Now my question is this. If I was to get accepted into the 35L program with a school date and during that time I become promotable before attending the school will I be dropped from the course? Just don't want to put off promotion any longer than what I have to is all. Any HELP or ADVICE will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 47 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 21 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't know the definite answer for this but, I am an E5(P) who submitted my packet in may. I called SFC Mobley and he said that because I submitted my packet before the milper message came out that I would be fine. I know this doesn't answer your question but I thought it might help a little.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you. That definately answered what I thought would be correct for the people who submitted there packet before the new requirements came out. Just really wondering if I will lose a class seat if I were to get accepted into the program and then become promotable before attending the school. I would hate to give up a promotion for something that is not certain.

Posts: 47 | Location: Ft. Meade, MD | Registered: 21 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yeah I feel ya, I'm actually looking at going to SFAS because it's taking too long for me to know if I'm gonna get to do this CI thing. I don't wanna stay in this stagnant MOS for so long.

posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly. I want out of my mos as well, but don't wait as well. R

posted Hide Post
How long since you guys submitted the packet?

Posts: 73 | Registered: 03 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well it was early May for me.

posted Hide Post
I haven't submitted yet for the simple fact that if I become promotable during that time without being accepted then I will have to drop my(P) status. If I was to become accepted then become promotable will the outcome still be the same is what I would like to know.

Picture of INTEL NCO
posted Hide Post
you should ask yourself what do you really want to do. You can always get your P and get promoted but this time in the MOS you want to be in

All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership.

Posts: 174 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post