Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapter 14c
 Login/Join

posted
10 years ago I received a General (Under Honorable Conditions). A chapter 14c for misconduct. I failed a drug test for marijuana and I was told that I could reenlist after 2 years with a waiver from an O-6 or higher. That's the story.

Now what I'm asking is if it's still true that I need a waiver from an O-6 or higher and based on what you know, how hard is it to get one of those waivers signed. What are my odds of being able to reenlist being that I'm 30 years old and have 2 misdemeanors on my civilian arrest record. One arrest was battery(self defense but the only witness didn't show up to court). The other is a marijuana charge that I received back in 2006 for a small amount of pot (I'm worried about this charge keeping me from being able to reenlist).

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 15 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not a reenlistment. This would be a prior service enlistment.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
What are your re-enlistment (RE) and separation codes on your DD214? You will have to take your DD 214 to a recruiter and he will let you know if you are currently eligible to re-enter the service and what waivers are required.

If those civilian arrests happened after you left the service; a moral waiver may be required.

But you got kicked out of the service for marijuana and years later had another issue for marijuana. I do not think the military is going to give you a second chance but I am not a recruiter nor know what are the current enlistment guidelines. I do know that with the wars ramping down and personnel downsizing; it is harder for people to enter (especially prior service).

Good luck and keep your nose clean.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Personally I don't think you should be allowed back into the ARMY. I hope he doesn't sign your waiver. The ARMY doesn't need shitbags right now with all the "Budget Cuts". But for some reason it seems that the right soldiers are getting out and the bad/shitbag soldiers are staying in. You shouldn't have smoked weed while serving. You knew the consequences....

Good Luck

Sike

ETS 20SEP13 "ETS/ETA...They can't stop time"

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hellz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shot12:
Personally I don't think you should be allowed back into the ARMY. I hope he doesn't sign your waiver. The ARMY doesn't need shitbags right now with all the "Budget Cuts". But for some reason it seems that the right soldiers are getting out and the bad/shitbag soldiers are staying in. You shouldn't have smoked weed while serving. You knew the consequences....

Good Luck

Sike

ya your the shinniest of two turds..
with 1 month left in the service and you join this site to pass on your vast amount of service experience.

to the OP-
talk to the a recruiter.. its the only way to get a real, solid answer to your situation. almost anything can get waived in the Army. What was said is true though.. all services are facing some kind of cutback/drawdown. your chances of going active duty are going to be close to nil, but again, anything can be wavied.
your better chances would be reserves or National Guard.

you say your more worried about the pot charge... i look at the other one as being more serious than the pot.
can you legally sign a Lautenberg agreement with a domestic battery charge? - i think this one will deny you more than a possesion charge.

Posts: 185 | Registered: 13 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What will really be the stop to your process is that you committed serious criminal misconduct after you were seperated. This alone would stop an applicant with even a perfectly honorable discharge, let alone someone that was requesting a waiver.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hellz:
quote:
Originally posted by Shot12:

Good Luck

Sike

ya your the shinniest of two turds..
with 1 month left in the service and you join this site to pass on your vast amount of service experience.

to the OP-
talk to the a recruiter.. its the only way to get a real, solid answer to your situation. almost anything can get waived in the Army. What was said is true though.. all services are facing some kind of cutback/drawdown. your chances of going active duty are going to be close to nil, but again, anything can be wavied.
your better chances would be reserves or National Guard.

you say your more worried about the pot charge... i look at the other one as being more serious than the pot.
can you legally sign a Lautenberg agreement with a domestic battery charge? - i think this one will deny you more than a possesion charge.

A charge of domestic battery is different than a conviction.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post