ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  General Enlistment Discussion    confused, upset... please help me :(
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
confused, upset... please help me :(
 Login/Join

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
And it's not just about your overall score, certain jobs require higher scores in particular areas.

Don't get discouraged, keep working at it!
Good job w/ the weight- good luck w/ the ASVAB!!

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
But seriously all BS aside and iam not even playing you know you can be a fire fighter in the army or a boat crew mechanic.

You guys have to be real with this kid. Yeah, the Army has fire fighters and boat mechanics, but how many training slots are available for those jobs?? There are only a handful of them in the Army period, so those slots are few and far between and are gonna disappear fast. Is he even qualified for those jobs?
Like I was saying earlier, what you need to do is come up with a list of four or five jobs you wouldn't mind doing. Take that list to your recruiter and he/she will be able to tell you if you're qualified for those jobs. The next step is to check on the availability of the jobs you are qualified for. Shit, you may be fully qualified to be a fire fighter, but if there aren't any training slots available until March of 2010 you're just SOL.
If you're going to retake the ASVAB, ask your recruiter about www.march2success.com. If you buy an ASVAB book, only study the math and english, because that's where your AFQT score comes from.

Posts: 86 | Location: Camp Humphreys, Korea | Registered: 29 March 2007Report This Post

Picture of KSoler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limaoscarvictorecho:
ok so i went and took the asvab yesterday and made a 40 on it.

This is my honest, down to earth recommendation. Stop what you are doing. Go down to your recruiter and ask for an ASVAB study guide, or go to your local book store and pick one up. Take some time and study. Understand the concepts, understand how the test is designed and questions are designed. Go back and take the test again.

You will likely see a drastic difference. If your recruiter does not permit you to retake your ASVAB simply go to another recruiter or ask to speak to the commander of the recruiting station for clarification.

This is not a "bad day during a test". This is simply a score that reflects the preparation. If you prepare more, study, sleep well, you will perform well.

You need to be honest with yourself. If you choose to be upset at the military then that is fine, but it won't fix anything. Study, perform well, open up your options, make a quality decision.

Posts: 186 | Registered: 23 September 2007Report This Post

Picture of teh_hook
posted Hide Post
KSoler had a great point. The Army like anything else is what you put into it. Take this time to study up and understand the concept. Many of people (including myself at 17 when I came in) was still in that "its all about me stage" Everyone was out to get me etc etc. This is not so.

Also a big thing is to keep on your routine. The day before and day of don't deviate to far from your normal routine. ie, if you eat a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast with a power shake every other day do it the day of the test also.

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!

Posts: 44 | Location: DC | Registered: 06 June 2008Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teh_hook:
KSoler had a great point. The Army like anything else is what you put into it. Take this time to study up and understand the concept. Many of people (including myself at 17 when I came in) was still in that "its all about me stage" Everyone was out to get me etc etc. This is not so.

Your recruiter did not lie, we can not take you back to retest based soley on the purpose that you want to retest.
He was right your job does not come from your AFQT score it comes from your line scores.

Your recruiter is not allowed to help you study or give you study materials; key word is not suppose to what happens other than that is on you. If by chance you do take another test and get lower then your going to be sucking even worst. Id say fi this is something you want to do go in and improve your score while in.
Also a big thing is to keep on your routine. The day before and day of don't deviate to far from your normal routine. ie, if you eat a bagel and cream cheese for breakfast with a power shake every other day do it the day of the test also.

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you!

posted Hide Post
Ty very much all of you for all of your input. I've decided I'm just gonna roll with the score I got. I can't re-take the test since I qualified, but that's ok. The Station Commander gave me a few other jobs that didn't pop up that she said she'd call the ROC over, but that I'd have to be ready to go (tape, weight, ready for physical) the moment she calls the ROC to hold the job for me if it is available. So we'll see... yeah I'm bummed as hell about the score, but oh well... I can improve it later. But... overall bummed or not I want to be a soldier. Giving up now after all I've done to get into the Army would be so freakin STUPID. So with that said... thank you again for all ur comments n support!!!!

posted Hide Post
Getting the good job in India is very Difficult.Peoples want to get a good platform but they can't get it due to the lack of knowledge.Companies offers lots of Jobs In India Delhi is the capital of India and there are lots of option available for the youth in every stream.Placement in final year is a good solution for the students and as well as companies.Online world also plays a great role in this field.several websites are available for the students and youth for finding the suitable plat form.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daddy Warcrimes,

posted Hide Post
Reviving a three year old thread for some spam. I hope you get hacked diksha.