ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  General Enlistment Discussion    questions about background investigation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

questions about background investigation.
 Login/Join

Picture of Hicks 01
posted
Posted 22 February 2012 18:36
i met with an investigator today. and i corrected some stuff on my forms. my credit history. i totally forgot to put down a debt collector, but i've been paying them now. and the other thing is that i had listed that i got a drunk in public ticket, and got arrested and i thought i told the army liaison at meps that i got arrested, but the investigator didn't have it. so i changed that too. ok i've already enlisted and have a ship date and mos.. so my question is will the changes that i made today effect my enlistment??? and will it hurt my recruiter cuz i had to make them changes?

Jared

Posts: 8 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It may hurt your recruiter the only way it will not is...if you were honest with him...you obviouly did not tell him about your debt you just said you forgot...you prop did not tell him about the drunk ticket eather..if you did the investigatior would have known...so the only way he will get in trouble is if you try to throw him under the bus..and say you did tell him everything..which we know you did not because you filled out several froms that said your did not have any outstanding debt..and only had X law violations..as far as ship date changed..it could effect it..you may lose your job..or be kick out for lying on the enlistment process...good luck..best thing to do is be honst..

SFC T

Posts: 161 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Make sure you are staying current on your payments!

Even if your job doesn't need a security clearance now, you might need one later- not paying bills will seriously mess that up...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
I think I am a little confused about what is being said, are you saying that you told the investigator at meps or the one that you talk to after you joined?

If you talked to the one after you joined, you may have set yourself up for failure and your recruiter will have fun dealing with your mistake. He will have to explain why you two were hiding this info. If you require a security clearance for the job you got then you will be heading back up to MEPS to look for a new job, if they decide to retain you.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post