ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  General Enlistment Discussion    I'm in the Army and wife is joining Airforce
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm in the Army and wife is joining Airforce
 Login/Join

Picture of Patrick2017
posted
My wife has expressed that she wants to join the Airforce. We would pretty much have to do this quick because we will be PCS'ing to an Airforce base in Arizona( how ironic lol). She is 27 and we have 3 kids. My mother has said she will come down during her BCT and AIT. So that is covered. Our questions were about the BAH and Assignment. I wanted to put it out here because I know the recruiters will just say what we want to here. I know my branch will help me (hence the assignment I just got) but does anyone have expierence or know anyone that has encountered dual military in different services as far as assignments. Will Army be more difficult then the Airforce or vice versa. I am an 88N and I know pretty much I can go anywhere almost. That brings me to the second question. Which program would we sign up for? The Army Married Couple Program or the program for the Airforce. Also ( yes we will be talking to a recruiter when I sign out on leave) Does anyone know the stipulation on Cesarians and joining. All 3 were cesarians. She wanted to know if that might be a show stopper so she is prepared when she walks in and they say no. She has been working on it and has lost alot of weight and is able to do situps now. Okay I believe that is all the questions I have. Thank you for any help you all can provide.

Posts: 58 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Is your wife talking to an Air Force recruiter. I think you are moving the cart before the horse and you should find out first; if your wife is qualified to serve in the AF.

You should go with her to the recruiting office and ask your good questions there.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick2017:
My wife has expressed that she wants to join the Airforce. We would pretty much have to do this quick because we will be PCS'ing to an Airforce base in Arizona( how ironic lol). She is 27 and we have 3 kids. My mother has said she will come down during her BCT and AIT. So that is covered. Our questions were about the BAH and Assignment. I wanted to put it out here because I know the recruiters will just say what we want to here. I know my branch will help me (hence the assignment I just got) but does anyone have expierence or know anyone that has encountered dual military in different services as far as assignments. Will Army be more difficult then the Airforce or vice versa. I am an 88N and I know pretty much I can go anywhere almost. That brings me to the second question. Which program would we sign up for? The Army Married Couple Program or the program for the Airforce. Also ( yes we will be talking to a recruiter when I sign out on leave) Does anyone know the stipulation on Cesarians and joining. All 3 were cesarians. She wanted to know if that might be a show stopper so she is prepared when she walks in and they say no. She has been working on it and has lost alot of weight and is able to do situps now. Okay I believe that is all the questions I have. Thank you for any help you all can provide.

You can't join the MACP as you are not a married ARMY couple, you would be a married army to air force couple, which there isn't a program for. There is only working through your branch manager.

Posts: 532 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Update? Did your wife ever join the air force? Im looking at a similar situation, my husband is Army, and Im getting ready to take my asvab for the AF.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 17 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shy-shy:
Update? Did your wife ever join the air force? Im looking at a similar situation, my husband is Army, and Im getting ready to take my asvab for the AF.

I knew two officers that were married and one was active duty Army and the other AF. The military will try to do its best to keep you close based on MOS and duty locations. He was in Medical at Fort Carson and she was in Medical at the Air Force academy up the road in Colorado Springs. Good luck but just be prepared to be separated.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post