Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

can my son join
 Login/Join

posted
He was diagnosed years ago falsely with bipolar and then aspergers. He has had his heart set on joining the army since he was young. He has none of these disabilities at all was only immature for his age and struggled with learning problems. Would he be able to join?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC_Mac
posted Hide Post
Get him checked by your physician and have them evaluate him one more time. If he's clear and they can state he's been clear, have them write a letter explaining this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Daddy Warcrimes,

Posts: 163 | Registered: 21 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
Goarmy would be a more fitting forum to pose this question. You can speak with recruiters through various means. You can access it through the below link:

http://www.goarmy.com/talk-with-us.html

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
But this forum is for people joining the Army, why cant we answer it here?

He can join if he can get a letter from the doctor stating that he was misdiagnosed or that he is better now, those documents will be submitted to MEPS for review (its called a MED-READ) if its cleared then he will go to MEPS to take the physical.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How severe do you think his issues are?

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ReUp63
posted Hide Post
I know this is late but I don't view this forum regularly.
@ Trans Am, not saying he can't get answers here but when you're talking direct qualifications it's best to get it straight from the subject matter experts. I know there are Recruiters on here and appreciate what they do, but the above website is ran by Recruiting Command. If they're not the SME's then nobody is. Just giving him another avenue, that's all.

Career Counselor (Retired)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post