ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  General Enlistment Discussion    Getting Army Infantry on contract
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting Army Infantry on contract
 Login/Join

posted
Well I am going to MEPS soon and my recruiter wasn't able to reserve infantry for me, said that even though he doesn't have any open slots, at MEPS they have a different system that updates job availability live unlike the system he uses. He also said that whoever wants infantry always gets it at MEPS.

I would like to hear your opinion about the matter guys, is this true?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xxking:
Well I am going to MEPS soon and my recruiter wasn't able to reserve infantry for me, said that even though he doesn't have any open slots, at MEPS they have a different system that updates job availability live unlike the system he uses. He also said that whoever wants infantry always gets it at MEPS.

I would like to hear your opinion about the matter guys, is this true?

he is partially correct, it is the same system but its true they can get you jobs we cannot...did you score a 50 or above on the ASVAB?

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
no I did not, I want infantry specifically. What do you suggest that I do in order to get infantry? should I tell him to hold it off until he gets me a spot reserved or should I go down and try my luck? is it possible to still take the physical and get them to reserve you a spot in infantry? how does it all work? how will the recruiter react if thats what ill end up doing?

also i saw the following post:https://forums.goarmy.com/thread/236306
is it true? if the job is not available I could still go through the physical and then come back when the job is availalbe? how does that work exactly?
thanks a lot

Posts: 2 | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
recruiters are full of hsit kid. dont listen to that cock holisters mouth. TELL THEM YOU AINT SIGNING UNLESS 11XRAY IS OPEN. PLIAN AND SIMPLE.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 21 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AND START RUNNING

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryceman41:
recruiters are full of hsit kid. dont listen to that cock holisters mouth. TELL THEM YOU AINT SIGNING UNLESS 11XRAY IS OPEN. PLIAN AND SIMPLE.

It's not a buyer's market anymore. With the drawdowns, the numbers are getting smaller. Applicants need to be flexible in selecting MOS' and options available on the day they enlist. The Army doesn't need people like they did 6+ years ago. The Army can be very selective with whom they choose to accept.

Also, the applicant's qualifications are a factor too. Many applicants don't qualify for everything they want. Waivers are very hard to come by these days too, if not nearly impossible to get.

The "tough guy" act doesn't work these days and if you piss off your recruiter by walking out of MEPS, your chances of getting what you want are significantly reduced on top of the slim picking already.

Flexibility is the name of the game today.

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
ya im trying to reenlist soon. hopefully all the civilian school work and other training certs. will help. damn economy!