Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCS orders and AIT
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all! My husband is still in AIT for a total of 20 weeks, and then returns back to benning for Airborn. Do you know when he will receive his FDS orders? He is in week 12 at AIT, and is done in 8 there. His airborn is roughly 3 weeks give or take. What is likely hood he will be deployed right after that? He is 25b and he is e-4. Thank you!

Question:
where will he end up?

Choices:
Fort Bragg
Overseas
Dream sheet

Jen Gibney

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Gordon | Registered: 07 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
him getting deployed all depends on the unit he goes to and most likely he will go to bragg and that still depends on the unit and their rotation so just wait and see how it goes! Gook luck

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
Also there are a lot of different airborne assignments than bragg but thats where most go though

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
airborne school does NOT mean he will get an airborne assignment, he can go ANYWHERE the Army needs him.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Jen, you will soon learn that there are certain things in Army life that you just cannot predict. What did he put on his dream sheet?

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
FWIW:

On Family Day prior to graduating BCT, I logged onto AKO and ASK and put in my assignment preferences.

About 3 1/2 weeks later, while at AIT, we were given our assignment orders. My assignment was not on my preferences.

Moral of the story: The Army will put you where it needs you. While I am not 100% sure, I believe that preferences are not considered for a Soldier's first assignment.

Good Luck!

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post