New
Find
Notify
Tools

Questions
 Login/Join

posted
Im married with 2 kids and my wife will not be coming with me to AIT. MOS 35N

-Can I live on base and receive BAH while at AIT?
-When will I get my Mil ID and be able to shop the PX?

Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks.- Col. William O. Darby

Posts: 22 | Location: NorCal | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
So you're new to the army? Yes you'll stay in barracks and get BAH. You'll get ID card at basic training and forms to send to your wife so she can get her ID card. The commissary has groceries, some stuff cheaper than anywhere else. Great benefit.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nic63impss:
Im married with 2 kids and my wife will not be coming with me to AIT. MOS 35N

-Can I live on base and receive BAH while at AIT?
-When will I get my Mil ID and be able to shop the PX?

Looks like you joined reserves, you can go get your id card at the nearest reserve unit with DEERES/RAPIDS access (your recruiter should take you). And once you have that id you can shop at the px.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks.- Col. William O. Darby

Posts: 22 | Location: NorCal | Registered: 09 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
If you're in NorCal, you can go to Ft. Ord or the Presidio, Camp Parks, Camp Roberts, Travis AFB, WE-MARSG in San Pablo, etc. for DEERS and an ID card.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post