ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army Reserves    Reserve unit is almost 100 miles from home
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reserve unit is almost 100 miles from home
 Login/Join

posted
I need some info, recently I enlisted in the army reserves as a 42A. When my recruiter took me to what was to be my unit we were told they did not have any positions must have been an error at MEPS. I live in san Antonio TX my recruiter wanted to have me reassigned through the same battalion so he made a call directly to the battalion. AKO was updated to reflect the unit I am assigned to now is out of Austin TX 97miles from my home. I live in one of the biggest military towns and they want me to travel almost 100 miles to my unit… Is there anyway to have this fixed and why would my recruiter be trying to avoid having MEPS assign me a new unit? HELP

Question:
How do I get assigned to a unit closer to home?

Choices:

Posts: 1 | Location: texas | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That was a good question and a good post.

www.wasserbettenhife.com
managed service providers

Posts: 3 | Registered: 21 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
zdon why are you spamming the forum?

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Talk to the units in your area- see if they have room for you.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Is your Recruiter a Reserve Recruiter?

If not, that might be the issue, the Reserve Recruiter has thought me somethings since being out in Recruiting and one thing is to before you go to MEPS, reserve a slot for you at the unit you are going to go, I guess your Recruiter didnt, he did it the easy way, send you to MEPS worry about the rest later.

Well in order to go more than 50 miles to do your drill, YOU have to agree that you will do that traveling AND that unit has to accept you, so tell your Recruiter you want a unit in town or within 50 miles, he screwed up, he fixes it.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
Talk to the units in your area- see if they have room for you.

Shouldnt be his job to do, should be his Recruiter's job.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post