ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army Reserves    Is there anything important i should know???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there anything important i should know???
 Login/Join

posted
Ok so i was wondering if anyone has a link to a website or if anyone has any hints or tips that i should know before going into the reserves or basic as far as having certain things memorised or things that i should know or have memorized before i go in??? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Posts: 22 | Location: Sioux City, IA | Registered: 13 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 91B All-Wheeled
posted Hide Post
Soldier's Creed, Warrior Ethos, The upper chain of command(Obama down to the Sgt. Major of the Army), Basic knowledge of Marching and Movements. This will all go very far if you know these things before you go.

But your recruiter will have classes on all these subjects plus more. You'll get Map Reading Courses, and LDRSHIP Course. Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Self-less Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage. LDRSHIP. Learn that as well. Study for that ASVAB bro thats the beginning. Go to the library or search the internet. For a study guide of the ASVAB.

Score high, the higher the score the more jobs open up for you. Try to get your credit straight, pay your bills. If you have Chitty credit you won't get a Security Clearance which cuts out certain jobs. Again ask questions to recruiter, he/she will guide your way.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight that matters
Its the size of the fight in the dog that counts.

Posts: 53 | Location: Ft. Hood, TX as of 20101201 | Registered: 06 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
Ask your recruiter for information about what you should memorize. The warrior ethos are in the Soldier's Creed so if you memorize the Creed then you know the ethos. Knowing who is the President, Vice President, Secretary of Defense, etc. is also a good idea. Definitely at least know from SMA Preston all the way to President Obama.

Worry about the rest of the Chain of Command (CoC) once you hit basic. The CoC will change in every unit, but it will always be the same from the SMA to the President.

You can ask your recruiter, or any Army buddies, to help you learn basic marching and facing movements.

Also knowing the rank structure is very important. You don't want to be staring at a Sergeant Major and be calling him First Sergeant because you forgot what the difference between a star and a diamond in between 3 chevrons and 3 rockers.

Your recruiter should be able to give you all of this information. If not, ask a buddy in the service or even Google it.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 700 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
SHAMELESS PLUG

Just look around ArmyStudyGuide.com! There are some resources for future soldiers.

/Shameless Plug

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post