Community's Community is an Army Forum
Need info

I recently joined the USAR in TX. The only option i had in my area was 92s, or that is what i was told and believed. I went ahead and signed my contract for the 6 years. Im ok with doing what i am suppose to as a 92s, my question is : Am i able to cross train in like a "Combat Medic " slot? My civilian job is a Paramedic! And if not how long do i have to do 92s until i can transfer into the Active Army or another USAR unit??

Posts: 4 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 16 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Your reserve unit will be the one that will allow you to cross train. If they have slots or a need for it all you have to do is submit your request. Most reserve units are pretty good about retraining as long as your squared away. But its not a guaranteed thing.

As far as going active duty you will need to visit a recruiting office and fill out a DD 368(Conditional Release) and a DA 4187 requesting to transfer to AD. You will do that after you complete your training. ***NOTE*** YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED PRIOR SERVICE WHEN GOING AD(NOT ALOT OF OPTIONS FOR PS)*** Could be a year or more wait before they release you. It never hurts to try as soon as your ready to go AD. Worst that will happen is they tell you no.
Posts: 272 | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

Google Site maps Generator Tool