New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enlistment Bonus
 Login/Join

Picture of Bean
posted
I recently signed up for the reserves, January 11th to be exact. I know the National defense bill was signed into law but i still don;t know if that means i get my bonus. Can someone help me with this info? thanks

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MCT SGT
posted Hide Post
Do you have anything in writing stating that you are entitled to one? If not, good luck. Call your recruiter and ask him.

Posts: 169 | Location: Ft Lewis | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Bean
posted Hide Post
Yes. Its in writing. I signed an addendum saying that if it wasn't passes by congress then I wouldn't receive it. So, naturally, I'm wondering if its been passed through congress and if my bonus has been reinstated.

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Steve-O 86
posted Hide Post
How soon is one supposed to receive their enlistment bonus after joining the reserves?

Posts: 5 | Location: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: 26 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68WWife/92FSoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve-O 86:
How soon is one supposed to receive their enlistment bonus after joining the reserves?

Depending on the way your contract puts it, upon completion of AIT you will either receive a lump sum or you will get your first installment, till then, just save up some drill pay. Smiler

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Advice... Go upstairs, grab your big girl panties, and put them on....

Posts: 287 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 15 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post