Community's Community is an Army Forum
Army Reserves Separation

Picture of noside1
I was in the active reserves for 6 years. Unfortunately, due to some personal issues I stopped going to drills.

In 2008 I received a letter stating they were starting separation procedures and I had 30 days to reply. At that point I no longer wished to be in the reserves, so I ignored the letter.

I assume I was discharged sometime thereafter.

I never received discharge orders and have no idea what type of discharge I received.

I ordered my milatary records from the national archives but there were no orders there either.

I'm thinking of going back into the milatary (possibly a different branch), but I don't know if I'm even elegible.

How do find this information?

My old unit has since disbanded, so I can't reach out to them.
Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Your DD214 should have a code on it.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me
Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
DD 214 is for separation from active duty. Separation from a TPU status would not result in one.

Unsat packets are not processed consistently, so you may have been discharged, transferred to the IRR, or left in limbo.

I'll send you an email in the morning. With a bit of personal info, I can at least start you in the right direction.

This is a ten level task
Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  

Google Site maps Generator Tool