ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Joining the Army Reserves    Offered a commission into the Army Reserves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Offered a commission into the Army Reserves
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

I've been working with my recruiter for awhile now. I wanted to go active duty into the MSC (medical service corp) for health care administration and was told that the active duty board had closed for the year. My application was put in for a MSC reserve slot and I just got word that I was accepted. The problem is that the Army won't pay off my student loans 18K so I'm having second thoughts. If I turn down this commission will I still be allowed to apply to OCS in the future and go the regular active duty officer route or does turning down a commission shoot me in the foot for everything in the future?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
If you haven't done so, take the commission in the Reserves. If your current education and school loans are not medical or RN related, the Army may not want to invest in that education. OBC, BOLC, and RN school will be two years of your life anyway in the Army and by that time you may or may not want to be Active Duty. At least the Army will pay you to go to RN school and you'll get your BSN.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Take it while you can. Times are getting tight, you may not have the option for either in a bit.

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post