ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Drill Sergeant duty as a SFC input
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drill Sergeant duty as a SFC input
 Login/Join

posted
Just looking for some guidance.

If you were a SFC that has completed your 24-36 months "operational time" and wanted to do drill would this be a good move?

Why or why not?

Thanks

Posts: 35 | Registered: 15 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sure, why not if you have already completed a couple years of PSG time. Especially if some of that rated time is in a PSG position is foward IZ or AF.

As a SFC becoming a Drill Sergeant, you have a good chance of landing Sr Drill within your Platoon which would add on additional PSG time in the Institutional Army.

Not to mention the Drill Sergeant assignment is still argueably the most prestigious regular Army Instructor assignment.

You stand a high chance of promotion to MSG if you have excelled as a SFC in the operational Army and excell as a Sr. Drill Sergeant.

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
agree, but be ready for LOTS of work! kiss the family goodbye for a while- you'll be doing long hours. Wink

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Auto is right, very demanding assignment but that's what you want if you are willing to take a step away from deploying but yet still want to remain competitive.

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was curious if it was viewed as more PSG time or not. I agree it is the best instructor position out there. I think it would probably be a better move than some BN ops position. I also didnt know if it was unusual for SFC to be DA select for drill or not. I know the vol route is an option.

I think its a better choice than OC or AC/RC as well.

Posts: 35 | Registered: 15 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post