ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Going from Detailed Recruiter to Drill Sgt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going from Detailed Recruiter to Drill Sgt
 Login/Join

Picture of recruiting1701
posted
Has anyone had luck or known of anyone thats went from Detailed Recruiter to Drill Sgt? Thinking about changing gears afterwards.

Posts: 18 | Location: USAREC | Registered: 05 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Stupid question, and I'm seriously not being condescending but how could you possibly be taken seriously within your actual MOS after about 6+ years out of action? I can't imagine being away from my MOS for 6 years...

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago, I read something from Army G-1 that said that there will not be anymore back to back TRADOC assignments. This was enacted because there were people "hiding out" (not saying you are) from deployments, and HRC wanted to spread the deployment love around so everyone gets the experience.

So my guess would be "no."

Matt

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of recruiting1701
posted Hide Post
I was just looking for some input and some stories, seen a few around my BN who've done both and just wanted to see how common that was, I understand the being away from your MOS for 6+ years, Just looking for some advice for promotion potential, being Intel is prolly easier to get looked at MOS proficiency alone, some Soldiers need more than just that to get picked up. Thanks for the input, figured that I would get this type of responses.

Posts: 18 | Location: USAREC | Registered: 05 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
Never seen it...i think you would probably need to come back to REAL Army before you can go on another special assignment, depending on how over or understrength your skill level is branch might not allow it.

About "hiding" in TRADOC, i was in a non deployable unit (i reenlisted for that post, the Army put me in that unit), then got picked up for recruiting, again by the Army....never deployed...i might now but thats after almost 10 years of service...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
You're coming to 10th MTN so it's all good, hahaha.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Illernoise:
You're coming to 10th MTN so it's all good, hahaha.

Hahaha...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I know this is old but I am a DS and in my current PLT there is a DS that was a recruiter with little time apart

Posts: 1 | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post