New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unsat!!
 Login/Join

Picture of Old Corps 69
posted
My son-in-law was sent to Drill Sergeant School recently. His Army Reserve unit sent him as a SP4, not a corporal. He was sent without the required uniforms, and was told he couldn't draw any travel pay until he returned to his home station. What's up with this? Sounds like someone or persons in his unit dropped the ball. Don't want to run this up the flag pole in the event it will make it worse on him. Things sure have change in the last 20 years. Any advise out there?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
wow...that is one of those stories that you hear/read and you just think "yup thats the reserves/NG for you"...I dont even know what to say...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I don't even know... maybe raise hell with the unit. Where was he coming from?

Posts: 531 | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My advice is to run it up the flag pole... This sounds like complete and utter horse bleep !!! Talk about being set up for failure

Posts: 109 | Registered: 27 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Old Corps 69
posted Hide Post
Think I'm gonna sit on it for a few more days then reak a little havoc. I still have a friend or two (CSMs) and I'm friends with the state Senators rep for military affairs. You all stay safe out there and keep up the outstanding job you are doing. OooooRah!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
He can file a travel voucher every 30 days or at the end of his tour. No reason he should have gone without his gear or uniforms. I would wonder why as a SPC he did not still have all his uniforms from Basic.

Posts: 66 | Location: FARGO, ND | Registered: 16 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post