ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Advice from a Drill Sergeant, please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice from a Drill Sergeant, please.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am in need of some advice from a drill sergeant, former or current. This advice would be regarding experiences during Drill sergeant school, and being a drill sergeant in general. Any help would be greatly appreciated and credited. Thank you so much.

V.K.A.

Posts: 1 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 25 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
best advice is never, ever, any sexual relations with recruits. at some point that recruit or another recruit WILL out you and you might well consider your career done, if you don't end up in jail.

Posts: 30 | Location: metro atl. | Registered: 11 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have to be a little more specific on what you want to know. 2009 I went through ds school. Candidates only failed for pt test 70's and above, pitching modules, and a couple with sexual harassment. The test were easy because being in the army you should already have a grip on most regulations. Getting smoked you should already know it is coming. Being prior service marine corps the army general orders messed me up because they are different.

"I WILL ASSIST EACH INDIVIDUAL IN THEIR EFFORTS TO BECOME A HIGHLY MOTIVATED, WELL DISCIPLINED, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY FIT SOLDIER, CAPABLE OF DEFEATING ANY ENEMY ON TODAY'S MODERN BATTLEFIELD."

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyGuard Recruiting
posted Hide Post
DS Hartwigh, I'm also a former Marine and will be attending DSS on Jan 23. Apparently I have A Marine thing going on when I march Soldiers according to my fellow NCOs. I've tried to work on this however I really don't know what I'm doing that's wrong. Did you have this issue and if si how did you correct it, or am I just destine to get hammered at DSS?

Thanks
SFC Roland

Posts: 4 | Location: Tifton Georgia | Registered: 09 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post