ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Ft Jackson v. Ft Benning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Jackson v. Ft Benning
 Login/Join

Picture of Infantry4life
posted
I've been selected and attend DSS in Jan 2016. Found out from the Drill Sergeant Team that I would be assigned to Ft Jackson for my trail. I also know that at school many end up switching or have the ability to change their assignment.

Does anyone actually have knowledge of both environments as a drill? From my experience I think that Jackson has the better family environment, which is what my primary concern is right now. I realize that I'll be busy a lot of the time, but my family will be the ones at home all the time so I want them comfortable.

Thanks all!

Posts: 169 | Location: USAREC Dearborn | Registered: 04 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Jive Turkey
posted Hide Post
Did a couple of years at Jackson on the trail. It is a good place for a family. Columbia, nice city, is right outside and Jackson has a nice waterpark in the middle of post. Post is also much smaller than Benning, so the commute back and forth is very quick. I think you will be happier there. Whenever I went to Benning I remember there being schools zone every 1/2 mile and everything was laid out weird especially the commissary. You'll be happy there and working with females will give you a different perspective.

Oh as for changing your assignment. I never knew anyone who was able to do that. Especially if you were assigned to Jackson, because most PCS before they go to school.

Posts: 250 | Location: Fort Rucker | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post