ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    DSS-How to get started?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSS-How to get started?
 Login/Join

posted
I've read a lot of these posts on here about DSS. I am going to explain my current situation, and if anyone can give me any answers, or tips on how to get started and what to do, I'd appreciate it! I've wanted to be a DS since I met mine, and I feel like nows my time.

I am a female, SPC, in the Reserve. Currently deployed over seas, due back stateside in late August.

Can I volunteer as a SPC? I should be promotable next month. Also, is there anything I should know about DSS as a reservist?

ANY information would help.

Kral

Posts: 1 | Location: OEF | Registered: 19 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
They have DS units in the Reserves, it is my opinion you problaby do not have the experience to be a DS, make SGT, lead Soldiers, then get those special assignments.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
Depends on the DS unit, some allow SPC and some don't. Get with the recruiter for the area and ask. The one in my area said they will only take E-5 and above at this time.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had a corporal in my graduating class but he cannot recieve his DS Hat or Badge until he makes E-5.

Posts: 22 | Registered: 28 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post