ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    BCT Units at Fort Benning?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BCT Units at Fort Benning?
 Login/Join

posted
Hey, brothers and sisters! OK, I'm on orders to report for DSS at the end of January, but I'm PCSing to Fort Benning in the begining of January. I'm assuming that means I'll be doing TDY-return to School.

Anyway, I'm a E-6, 46R, Broadcast Journalist. Hey, don't be hatin'. AFN Ranger, Hooah! Big Grin I'm wondering if there is anyway of knowing what unit I'll be assigned to. I ask because my Secondary MOS is 19K, did that for 6 years, and if I remember right, the USA Armor Center is now at Benning. Is it possible they might throw me in with the Tankers to be an OSUT DS? I guess I don't really know how it'll be decided where I go. Is it based on your MOS, or what? Anyway, thanks so much! THIS WE'LL DEFEND!!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Also, do any of yall know the email address for the reception battalion there(Benning)? I need to find out how early I can report, due to my DEROS date(I'm in Korea).

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
just a guess here, but im thinking you would either be a DS for reception or a DS in one of the support BCT units there. There are a few, i think 24/7 is one

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jumpmaster_D.S.
posted Hide Post
192nd Brigade on Sand Hill is all BCT. There is the 3/47 and 2/46 BNs. Both are good BNs and have a good ammount of combat arms MOSs in each company. I try to help out the soft skill MOSs as much as possible as long as they are willing to accept help.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When you get to Benning, go to the soldier plaza and talk to the DS assignment manager before you go to school. I think his name is Mr. Flemming. He will square you away.

Posts: 12 | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post