ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    The new US Army Drill Sergeant School
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The new US Army Drill Sergeant School
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am also scheduled to attend the Jan 23 class. Very nervous, but like others this blog has really helped.

I guess a general question would be what are some things that you wish you would have brought with you that you either did without or had to buy?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 19 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@MI_DS yes I am in that class sorry I have taken so long to reply been very busy. I think we are all really nervous. It was so far away but now its like just around the corner. Right now I'm preparing to get my travel card together I just hope that I make it because everyone is already calling me drill sergeant don't want to let my unit or myself down.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 23 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
np jlaw. I think we all have a sense of pride, demonstrated by taking the time to research and prepare ahead of time. All the people you dont want to let down will be your motivation to get through.

Has anyone found any major differences between the DSS module book and the D&C TC (3-21.5)?

I am currently in SLC, the 1SG here is a former DS. She recommended ensuring you can do push-ups the "PRT way"..meaning elbows against your side. Most males do this anyway, but it could be an adjustment for females, as they typically favor the wide arm push-ups and this way uses different muscles.

45 days!!!

Posts: 8 | Registered: 29 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyGuard Recruiting
posted Hide Post
I am currently serving in the Georgia Army National Guard as a Recruiter and have been since 2007. Im in great shape and always keep fitness as a priority simply because I go out each day representing the Army and the National Guard. i was in the Marine Corps for 10 years and always dream of becoming a DI. I guess God had other plans for me so I am extremely excited about earning the title of Drill Sergeant! I report in Jan 23 and I am abit nervous because I still have that marine thing that I cant seem to get rid of when marching. Are there any prior service Marines that have attend DSS with any advice. Thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Tifton Georgia | Registered: 09 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
user "Ds Hartwigh" is a former marine. He has a post on the discussion labeled "advice from a former DS, please"

posted Hide Post
Has anyone in the Jan. 23rd class started to memorize the Creed and the 1st three Mod's?

posted Hide Post
I have.. It didn't take long to learn

Posts: 4 | Location: Tifton Georgia | Registered: 09 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just started with the etting the creed and the modules, but i recite it along with this video because I know there is a certain way we are supposed to deliver it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6Mtdw7mJTE

Im an audio learner, so it helps.

posted Hide Post
in addition to the creeds and mods, make sure you know the history of the hat, badge and drill sergeant, as well as brush up the 3 general orders & soldiers creed as necessary. forgot to include that in my earlier advice from the 1SG.

posted Hide Post
I've never used audio to learn but I'm going to try it out.. Thanks

posted Hide Post
@MI_DSC that is so crazy the male DS is my Platoon Sergeant at Fort Campbell. I heard everyone talking about the video but I never saw it. Thanks now I have something to talk about lol.

posted Hide Post
@jlaw. awesome

posted Hide Post
How is getting around without a POV during this school?

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Stewart | Registered: 06 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
hello all will be headed to school in February and am wondering if anyone has any info or know whom i can talk to about injuries from down range. Unfortunately this is something i will not overcome. If there are any DSLs here your input will be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@Kingchuck86,
My battle just graduated school and didnt have a car... said it would be easier and if he had one to get around with...

javascript:switchAvatarImg('6')

Posts: 9 | Registered: 24 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post