ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    DS Duty Assignment
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS Duty Assignment
 Login/Join

posted
I have been thinking of dropping a Drill packet. I was wondering if you have any say in where you go after school or if your fate is in the Army's hands. I am up for re-enlistment at the moment as well, so maybe I could re-enlist for the duty assignment for me to go to after school?

Posts: 20 | Registered: 01 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You cant reup for assigments within a special duty assigment....the drill duty would be your reup option, if it can even be put on there... You would have to get accepted then reup to meet time service requirements...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I went to Drill Sergeant school in 2009 and came off of the trail in 2011 and while I was in scbool we got a chance to meet with the Drill Sergeant branch and they gave us the option to change duty locations but under certain conditions. I dont remember exactly but I am pretty sure that you had to talk to the other students, find someone to switch with but they had to be the same MOS and gender....dont quote me on that but it involved something like that but it.can be done.

Posts: 5 | Location: Fort Leonard Wood, MO | Registered: 18 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post