ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Requirements for drill Sergeant School
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Requirements for drill Sergeant School
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Last I knew, you could not reenlist for DS, this was back in April.

I was trying to volunteer for DS(as a non-P E5) and was pushed back and forth a lot. First I contacted DS Branch, who told me to contact my branch. Then because my DROS and ETS were too close, he couldn't not put me on assignment. He told me to talk to retention to try and reenlist for DS (which I found out is no longer an option). Retention would not reenlist me because my MOS was overstrength, unless I reclassed, or I was on orders.
So I was stuck, I couldn't reenlist w/o being on orders, and couldn't get put on orders because I had to reenlist (from what my branch said). So I called back to my branch, and then back to DS Branch.

Apparently I talked to the correct person at the DS branch this time because as soon as I got off the phone I knew my projected assignment and I had a school date within less than 2 hours.

So the point of my rambling, you just have to get in contact with the DS branch, but your desire to be a DS has to be blessed off by your branch. Just tlak to both of them.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 02 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Curious where can I find the DS Packet information that I need to complete a DS Packet.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Benning, GA | Registered: 26 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What type of boots are they allowing in the DSS. Oakley's/Nikes? I am also looking for a good suggestion of Hotels or Motels to place my family in before graduation. Anyone out there have an example of a 4187 Deferment. Need to know what goes in Section IV.

SSG G

Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James97:
What type of boots are they allowing in the DSS. Oakley's/Nikes? I am also looking for a good suggestion of Hotels or Motels to place my family in before graduation. Anyone out there have an example of a 4187 Deferment. Need to know what goes in Section IV.

SSG G

The comfort suites right by the hooters on two notch road is nice, i stayed there during ALC.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of walton
posted Hide Post
You got to know the Drill and Ceremony's book very well. Get hold of the Drill Sergeant Modules - the 2005 version is best.
You can get them both at:
www.myarmypublications.com

Posts: 7 | Registered: 06 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hello,

Currently I am on assignment for DS with a report date of Feb, however my ETS date is Oct 2015. Which will not allow me enough time to fulfill a DS tour. My unit is stating that I have two choices.... extend or sign a DCSS. Why would those by my only choices?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic1678:
Hello,

Currently I am on assignment for DS with a report date of Feb, however my ETS date is Oct 2015. Which will not allow me enough time to fulfill a DS tour. My unit is stating that I have two choices.... extend or sign a DCSS. Why would those by my only choices?

because you are not a first term Soldier, are you? Either extend/reenlist(if in your window) or sign a DCSS...good luck.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post