New
Find
Notify
Tools

AGR drill sgt
 Login/Join

Picture of Big Bear
posted
Hello, i am sfc 79r aproaching the end of initial recruiting tour.. My one and only goal in the army is to be a drill sgt, or at least go thru the school. my question is, is there any possible way,any loop hole, anyway at all, that someone on agr can go thru dss?? Thank you

Posts: 27 | Registered: 21 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of fred299
posted Hide Post
Big Bear,
I am AGR and just went to DSS. I work in the RSP program, training NCO. Check with Your state RSP program, they may have openings.

Posts: 31 | Registered: 21 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Big Bear
posted Hide Post
Cool thanks for the info. How did you get in that position? Were you AGR before and assigned to the unit as tng nco?

posted Hide Post
Hey Big Bear, hows it going with the DSS thing? I am AGR and went to DSS last year. Since then 3 other NCOs from my battalion have gone. I may be able to give you some guidance if you still need it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Big Bear
posted Hide Post
Absolutly! Please give me as much guidance as possible! I appreciate it

Picture of Big Bear
posted Hide Post
Hey wolfpack, can you please get me that imformation? My time in recruiting is almost up and things are looking rough for recruiting for the next year, so id like to jump on this asap. Thanks again!

posted Hide Post
I assume that you are going to ETS from active duty and you are looking into AGR opportunities. Its easy to go to Drill Sergeant School as a National Guard AGR or even M-day. The National Guard has the National Guard Drill Sergeant Program to support the RSP (Recruit Sustainment Program). The hard part is getting an AGR position. Go the this website for more detailed info on the ARNG DS program. http://www.virtualarmory.com/ds/
The POC is at the bottom. Hope this guides you in the right direction.
BTW, I'm a 79T (National Guard Recuiter) so I recruit during the week and I'm a Drill Sergeant on drill weekends for the soldiers my team recruits unitl they ship to BCT. Its a very unique opportunity. Good luck.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Big Bear
posted Hide Post
Well actuallY i am right in the middle of my contract, i ets in 2013.. I am on agr (usar) and completed a refrad alignment keeping me on agr until i ets. Do u know of a way to swtch components from usar to ng within agr? Is it possible? I did a little research on the rsp program and talk to some 79ts and they said they dont go thru dss, is it based on the command(or i guess state) whether or not u would go thru dss? Again i appreciate ur help!

Picture of Big Bear
posted Hide Post
Wolfpack.. I may have the opportunity to become a 79T, i was just wondering if you could explain a little bit about NG recruiting, like what is the mission like on average. What about pay, do yall get the $450 extra a month? How hard is it to get into the RSP? Thanks