ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    ? on gov credit card while at DS school
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? on gov credit card while at DS school
 Login/Join

posted
My husband is leaving in 3 weeks for Drill school. He has gov credit card that will be activated when he goes. I have heard we have to pay the bill in full each month but he doesn't get reinbursed until he gets back and turns all his reciepts in, is this correct or do you not have to pay until you are reinbursed. Can someone please clarify. Because if he gets put in a hotel or something surely we can't afford 30 days in a hotel plus all the other. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 12 | Location: Ft. Benning GA | Registered: 04 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I say 30 days as in a credit card billing cycle i know the school is longer lol

Posts: 12 | Location: Ft. Benning GA | Registered: 04 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of A HUMINT/DLI GUY
posted Hide Post
Maybe an advance in TDY pay will help. He should get with his unit RMO.

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made Fullmetal."

Posts: 224 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
He needs to talk to his unit finance people, he can fill out a travel voucher every 30days and it will go straight to the creditcard, so he shouldn't have any bills due.

He needs to keep all his receipts, paperwork, and follow all instructions with the CC and he should be fine.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When he files his DTS for school, he should request partial payments (available for any trips over 30 days I believe). It will give him his per diem for that time frame and I believe it also gives him the chance to file a hotel bill for that time period as well (not possative about the hotel part).

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You do a partial voicher at the 30day mark of ANY TDY so you can pay the bill, etc. and i thought you could not get an advance since you have a travel card, its one or the other, correct me if im wrong.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
I've never done an advance for TDY, but yes, Partial Vouchers are the way to go for something like that.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
well i am going to school my self next week i have a travel card i am doing partial payments so i will get the money win the bill comes each month also from my understanding we will also now be in the B's so there will not be any charge for room and bored and also win i did my DTS i was asked if i wanted to get an advance as well witch i turned down so it should all have come from your hubies Bn training they should have squared him away with all that

Posts: 7 | Registered: 11 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
For schools longer than 30 days you will file a voucher for part of the way through unless you are put on the "mission critical" list in which case you won't have to pay.

Either way, it never comes out of your personal funds.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post