ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  Drill Sergeant Discussion    Drill school living quaters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drill school living quaters
 Login/Join

posted
quick question to anyone out there. I am going to DSS in about 3 weeks and was wondering where you live at during the whole course and if i should get a government credit card . I am coming from FT.Bragg and it is only a 2 1/2 hour drive. any information would be helpful.thnx

Posts: 8 | Location: fort bragg | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
you will be living in lodging, so you might want to get a credit card...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Schwartz
posted Hide Post
You will be close enough that you can drive back to Ft Bragg on the weekends. When I went to Recruiter school, there was a 85mph convoy leaving on Friday nights from Jackson to Bragg. Come back on Sunday nights though. Don't try to make the return trip on Monday morning or you will have to be out your door by 3 am to account for traffic.

If NCO's did their job, I wouldn't have mine.

Posts: 232 | Location: FT Leavenworth | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I wouldn't expect to have Saturdays off though, at least not early on. In fact I'd not expect to go back to Bragg any weekend for that matter if it were me. That's my opinion based on how the Reserve DSS was, AD school could be different but I can't see them allowing more time off considering the POI is the same and time alotted for the course doesn't differ much either.

Posts: 10 | Location: Munroe Falls, Oh | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post