ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    First SMA buried in Arlington National Cemetery
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First SMA buried in Arlington National Cemetery
 Login/Join

posted
All

I attended an NCO of the Quarter board just today and got this rather difficult question that I had not heard before.

Who was the first SMA ever buried in Arlington National Cemetery?

After a little research the answer is Former SMA George Dunaway. He was the second SMA and died in Feb 08. Therefore he was rather recently interned in ANC.

This might not be a very common question for others to encounter since I was participating in a board on Ft Myer, home of the Old Guard. Perhaps it will only be asked in this area but it is good knowledge to have anyway. Always prepared.

SGT BMJ

Posts: 1 | Location: Arlington, VA | Registered: 28 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KSoler
posted Hide Post
For the record... who is buried in grants tomb?

Posts: 186 | Registered: 23 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
General Grant National Memorial (as designated by the U.S. National Park Service), better known as Grant's Tomb, is a mausoleum containing the bodies of Ulysses S. Grant (1822–1885), an American Civil War General and the 18th President of the United States, and his wife, Julia Dent Grant (1826–1902).

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jgarner
posted Hide Post
i think i can speak for everyone when i say that any and all board questions that you've never heard before are welcome on this site!!!thanks for the info SGT BMJ!!!you never know when it'll come in handy...maybe a promotion board...could be the difference between being selected and not... Cool

I am a soldier, I fight where I'm told, and win where I fight.

Posts: 222 | Location: FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post