ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

   

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum
 
ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    How many trucks are on a post?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
How many trucks are on a post?
 Login/Join
 

posted
I remember hearing this question and I've asked it a few times throughout my career.

The answer to "how many trucks are on a post?" is one. The truck is the gold ball on the top of the flag pole. There were also mixed stories about there being a razor and a bullet inside the truck. That was for in the event of the post being over run, the post commander would use the razor to destroy the flag and the bullet for his brain.

The razor and bullet story seems far fetched and unlikely but entertaining nonetheless.

Three Saints - more help with the board under the "projects" page


-----------------------------
Play my Army study guide Jeopardy game or take an online board test at http://www.three-saints.com
 
Posts: 26 | Registered: 02 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
It is spelled Truk, but pronounced like Truck.

The contents are a myth/urban legend. I have not found any supporting regulations or documentation to support such a story.

It is, however, a fascinating tale.


REDLEG81
 
Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of WiFiWarrior
posted Hide Post
That answer cannot possibly true unless there are no HEMTT's on your post.

Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT)
 
Posts: 43 | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WiFiWarrior:
That answer cannot possibly true unless there are no HEMTT's on your post.

Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT)


thanks for ruining it. And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600 and how would the Commanding General, get up there to get the razor and bullet...just like people that say that the planes on display here in Huachuca are the escape plan for the CG incase of the post being taken over...hahahaha


Lead by Example!!!
 
Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600


Fort Huachuca has TWO American Flags raised everyday?
 
Posts: 104 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT. Clayton
posted Hide Post
About the TRUK,
There is only one true Truk and it is located on top of the main post flag pole at Division headquarters.
it has three contents and they are:
one razor
to seperate the blue and stars from the stripes.

one match
To burn the two flag pieces together

on 45 cal. round
this one has 3 stories to it.
The first one is from the old army which says that the commander shoots him/her self.
(its the army's version of the navy's saying of going down with the ship)
the second saying is that the round is to be kept because you dont fully surrender the post until all weapons and rounds are given to the enemy so you keep it to symbolize that you didnt fully give over the post.
and the Third is that the round is used for defence.

I asked my DCSM what he thought was the real meaning for the round and he said i quote " I personally wound use the round to blow a cap in the enemies ass cause I'll be damned if I'll shoot myself so the round is used for self defense".

The TRUK also when it falls will break into 13 pieces representing the original 13 colonies.

I hope this helps you
 
Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Drum | Registered: 21 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge07:
quote:
And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600


Fort Huachuca has TWO American Flags raised everyday?
Yep.


______________________________________________

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist
 
Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post


USAR Career Counselor
Picture of Daddy Warcrimes
posted Hide Post
This is often heard, but never referenced.

I hereby declare the "Truk", or "Truck" stories to be complete BS until someone can provide me with a legitimate Army publication.
 
Posts: 2864 | Location: 13th BN ARCD, AZ | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Deadeye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 35M3L00PF:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge07:
quote:
And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600


Fort Huachuca has TWO American Flags raised everyday?
Yep.


I know why he asked that question and it is odd that 2 flag would fly over one installation, but not that I doubt it. I am guessing that one is at Post HQ and the other at a Division HQ or something like that. Normally you wouldn't fly 2 representing the same thing, if that makes any since. Even though they all count (my disclaimer) the flag at Post HQ is the one that mainly counts. If not that means you get to pick which one to salute when it goes up and comes down, convenient.




EMOTIONAL TERMOIL
-----------------------
The only thing you should feel when shooting insurgents is recoil.

http://www.combatvet.org
 
Posts: 94 | Location: Ft. Rucker | Registered: 21 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 74Decon
posted Hide Post
There are 4 at Fort Hood...well, 6, if you count the one on North Ft. Hood and West Ft. Hood....

The best part is, where we form up for PT formation, we have the 13th SC(E) flag in front of us, but if we did an about face, we could salute the 1st CAV just as easily...
 
Posts: 8 | Location: Fort Hood | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deadeye:
quote:
Originally posted by 35M3L00PF:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge07:
quote:
And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600


Fort Huachuca has TWO American Flags raised everyday?
Yep.


I know why he asked that question and it is odd that 2 flag would fly over one installation, but not that I doubt it. I am guessing that one is at Post HQ and the other at a Division HQ or something like that. Normally you wouldn't fly 2 representing the same thing, if that makes any since. Even though they all count (my disclaimer) the flag at Post HQ is the one that mainly counts. If not that means you get to pick which one to salute when it goes up and comes down, convenient.
My understanding is although the reg says per post it's actually per command. We have one here for USAIC&FH and one for NETCOM. My buddy who was SF-S at Bragg says there are ton over there, SOC, 82d/18th, JFK training center, etc all have one.


______________________________________________

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist
 
Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT. Clayton
posted Hide Post
the publication that should have anything about the TRUK is : AR 840-10 Flags
 
Posts: 4 | Location: Fort Drum | Registered: 21 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge07:
quote:
And even then it could not be true as here we have at least two flags that go up at 0600


Fort Huachuca has TWO American Flags raised everyday?


Thats what I said, I have done Flag detail on both flags.


Lead by Example!!!
 
Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spc. Clayton:
About the TRUK,
There is only one true Truk and it is located on top of the main post flag pole at Division headquarters.
it has three contents and they are:
one razor
to seperate the blue and stars from the stripes.

one match
To burn the two flag pieces together

on 45 cal. round
this one has 3 stories to it.
The first one is from the old army which says that the commander shoots him/her self.
(its the army's version of the navy's saying of going down with the ship)
the second saying is that the round is to be kept because you dont fully surrender the post until all weapons and rounds are given to the enemy so you keep it to symbolize that you didnt fully give over the post.
and the Third is that the round is used for defence.

I asked my DCSM what he thought was the real meaning for the round and he said i quote " I personally wound use the round to blow a cap in the enemies ass cause I'll be damned if I'll shoot myself so the round is used for self defense".

The TRUK also when it falls will break into 13 pieces representing the original 13 colonies.

I hope this helps you


And you got this from where? any true sources for this??? or just your theory or stuff you heard like the rest of us...also you said the only one is the Division HQ, we dont have a Division here so thats untrue.


Lead by Example!!!
 
Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spc. Clayton:
About the TRUK,
There is only one true Truk and it is located on top of the main post flag pole at Division headquarters.
it has three contents and they are:
one razor
to seperate the blue and stars from the stripes.

one match
To burn the two flag pieces together

on 45 cal. round
this one has 3 stories to it.
The first one is from the old army which says that the commander shoots him/her self.
(its the army's version of the navy's saying of going down with the ship)
the second saying is that the round is to be kept because you dont fully surrender the post until all weapons and rounds are given to the enemy so you keep it to symbolize that you didnt fully give over the post.
and the Third is that the round is used for defence.

I asked my DCSM what he thought was the real meaning for the round and he said i quote " I personally wound use the round to blow a cap in the enemies ass cause I'll be damned if I'll shoot myself so the round is used for self defense".

The TRUK also when it falls will break into 13 pieces representing the original 13 colonies.

I hope this helps you
This is one of the more ridiculous stories I have ever heard.


______________________________________________

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist
 
Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    How many trucks are on a post?

 
   
 
    
 
 
  
Google Site maps Generator Tool