ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    why is there stars on army truck?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
why is there stars on army truck?
 Login/Join

posted
I have been challenged by my 1sg to find out the answer to the question above. there is a star on the back of all army trucks and most vehicals period. i heard a rumor its about the general of the post or some crap but thats not right any one have answer to this it would great info to know thanks

its a great dont to be a soldier so fight today for the fallin

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find out why...but I did find:
(not my words, therefore, don't hit me up on the grammar)

Until mids of the 1960s, the most of the military U.S. vehicles had large white stars.(hood, doors or side) After it the large white stars were replaced by smaller ones at special vehicle places only ( bumpers and fenders). After it they got replaced again by small black stars. (Vietnam era)

REDLEG81

Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goin airborne:
I have been challenged by my 1sg to find out the answer to the question above. there is a star on the back of all army trucks and most vehicals period. i heard a rumor its about the general of the post or some crap but thats not right any one have answer to this it would great info to know thanks

Maybe your 1SG should have challenged you to find the "Shift" key.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntelSergeant:
quote:

WOW..He asked a question and your shooting him down. Looks like someone needs a time out. This is a forum is here to help people out, not for you to make a smart ass remark just cause you want to make yourself feel better.

Posts: 43 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 15 January 2007Report This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtStrife:
quote:
quote:

WOW..He asked a question and your shooting him down. Looks like someone needs a time out. This is a forum is here to help people out, not for you to make a smart ass remark just cause you want to make yourself feel better.

I don't need a time-out, and I don't feel the need to make myself feel better. I'm just sick of the lack of basic English skills that has been exhibited on this forum recently.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Report This Post

Picture of tatiana411118
posted Hide Post
This link has the answer to your question. I would've posted it but it's too long.

Posts: 46 | Location: Fort Lee,VA | Registered: 21 March 2007Report This Post

Picture of PA_in_2ID
posted Hide Post
What link?

Posts: 548 | Location: Camp Hovey, Korea | Registered: 23 November 2006Report This Post

Picture of tatiana411118
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that, long day and late night. Here is the link http://www.white-star.nl/

Picture of PA_in_2ID
posted Hide Post
wow

that link was like using

"EssayPaperDueTommorow.com"

Posts: 548 | Location: Camp Hovey, Korea | Registered: 23 November 2006Report This Post

Picture of tatiana411118
posted Hide Post
?

Picture of Jenny
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtStrife:
quote:
quote:

I don't need a time-out, and I don't feel the need to make myself feel better. I'm just sick of the lack of basic English skills that has been exhibited on this forum recently.

Last time I checked, this was not an "English Grammar" or "Computer Skills" forum. Furthermore, "locating the "Shift" key" on the keyboard, does NOT require "basic English skills"

Posts: 111 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 February 2005Report This Post

Picture of Smittaayy
posted Hide Post
Riddle me this... What's worse on this forum? The lack of grammar skills, or the lack of respect...?

Meanwhile, back on topic...

That was a pretty good site, tatiana. Kudos.

Posts: 1086 | Location: Germany | Registered: 11 February 2005Report This Post

Picture of Wolve
posted Hide Post
Nobody's grammar and spelling here is perfect. IntelSergeant: The worst thing to do is to call someone out when you yourself are making a mistake as well. I guess I'll challenge you to figure out what the mistake was.
We don't need any pissing competitions over stupid stuff.

SGT Maliepaard
=======================
37F - PSYOP SGT

Posts: 432 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 13 September 2003Report This Post

Picture of PA_in_2ID
posted Hide Post
tatiana411118,

What I meant was that a good link. It "spoonfed" ezactly what the guy who made the tread was tasked to do from 1SG. I.E. Accurate information.

Those sites exist (essaypaperduelikeRIGHTnow.com), b/c they saved my butt before long long time ago in HS or early college. lol

Picture of tatiana411118
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clearing that one up for me.lol
The site I had found the day before didn't have nearly as much as this one does. I noticed that you can't find much info on the "star", and what they do have isn't that good. Glad I could help.