ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    BDU's and tan boots?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BDU's and tan boots?
 Login/Join

posted
Can anyone site the specific paragraph(sentance) that states tan boots are authorized with BDU's?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 24 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Airborne!!
posted Hide Post
as stupid as I think the Tan boots and BDUs are. A milper msg came out a while ago authorizing the tan boots.

Whats the difference between a SGT and SGT(P)? Nothing until you sew on your rocker

Posts: 126 | Location: 3rd POB FT Bragg | Registered: 05 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Paragraph six of the MILPER message authorizes the wear. Give me your email and I will email you the MILPER message which I have converted into PDF format.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry I can not help you, but I too think that the tan boots with BDUs look stupid and I can not stand a person not in the proper uniform.

Hello

Posts: 8 | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of RedLeg81
posted Hide Post
Who defines "proper uniform?" If the Army (through AR or MILPER message) says it is authorized, then that implies that it is proper. Soldiers are transitioning between uniforms while in the middle of deployments. The days of shinning boots and pressing uniforms are out the door. Do I agree with it 100%, no. But I do accept it and move on. Conform or rise through the ranks and change things if you don't like it.

REDLEG81

Posts: 203 | Location: Fort Bliss | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedLeg81:
Who defines "proper uniform?" If the Army (through AR or MILPER message) says it is authorized, then that implies that it is proper. Soldiers are transitioning between uniforms while in the middle of deployments. The days of shinning boots and pressing uniforms are out the door. Do I agree with it 100%, no. But I do accept it and move on. Conform or rise through the ranks and change things if you don't like it.
I agree. I don't like a lot of things in the Army, like wearing a black wool sweat cap (aka beret) in the Arizona heat with ACUs, but that doesn't mean it's not the proper uniform.

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CommChick
posted Hide Post
Correct me if I'm mistaken (pretty good chance I am! Roll Eyes) that BDU's were no longer authorized for wear after May. I got this from a BN CSM on a board.

The WLC here at Ft. Sill simply didn't allow the wear of tan boots with BDU's. If you wore BDU's, you had to wear black boots, no exceptions, no excuses. If you didn't, you had a day to get it right or were kicked out of class. Then again, our class motto was "There's Army standards, then there's WLC standards."

Posts: 10 | Location: Fort Sill, OK (it's hot) | Registered: 04 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CommChick:
Correct me if I'm mistaken (pretty good chance I am! Roll Eyes) that BDU's were no longer authorized for wear after May. I got this from a BN CSM on a board.

The WLC here at Ft. Sill simply didn't allow the wear of tan boots with BDU's. If you wore BDU's, you had to wear black boots, no exceptions, no excuses. If you didn't, you had a day to get it right or were kicked out of class. Then again, our class motto was "There's Army standards, then there's WLC standards."

He's wrong. Unless some MILPER message escapes my attention, they haven't even determined a wear-out date for the BDU. The date he is confused with, is by 01 MAY 07 you must have two sets of ACUs.

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
MILPER Message (I uploaded it to my website):

http://www.ej20.us/Matthew/ACUMILPERMessage.pdf

posted Hide Post
One reason that the tan boots were authorized wear with woodland BDUs was the fact that prior to the start of operations in Afghanistan and then in Iraq, many units did not have Desert uniforms (DCUs) and while it is hard to imagine, there were countless Soldiers stuck in hot and humid desert places who only had BDUs. The tan boots were authorized for Soldiers to wear them while the logistical problems were being resolved. If you ever been to the desert and wear black boots you'll understand. We see it still here from time to time depending if the Soldier is from a AR/NG unit. I won't even begin to discuss the inner workings of WLC. We have had Soldiers sent to WLC and then almost get sent back because of the ACU issue. Before the required cutoff our Soliders were issued with DCUs. The WLC wouldn't allow them to attend in DCUs. It took our Brigade S3 SGM to get the senior leadership to understand the situation. WLC should be re-worked, re-written, and readdressed as far as what really needs to be taught and when the "f-f games" stop.

Posts: 225 | Location: 513th MI BDE, Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
We had almost no DCU issue stuff when we went to Iraq, and our sister BN got absolutely nothing. WBDUs and black boots the whole time.

Picture of machsoldier
posted Hide Post
I am one of those guys that was in Afghanistan in 2005 wearing BDU's w/ tan boots because of a very short notice (48 Hour) deployment for Humanitarian Aid to Pakistan. They didnt have any black boots down range so they gave us what they had. Tan ones

Posts: 278 | Location: Center of the Universe----Ft. Bragg, NC | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post