ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Army Boards  Hop To Forums  Tough Board Questions    Tip of the Guidon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tip of the Guidon
 Login/Join

posted
A couple of years ago at my Soldier of the Quarter Board I was asked what the tip of the guidon is called. Now its been a couple of years and i cant remember. If any one knows what it is called it would be great. Thank you

SGT Strouse

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of misfit88
posted Hide Post
http://www.defence.gov.au/army...uments/CEREV1/05.pdf

it is called a spear point and is in section 5.29 of the link i just posted. thank you for that one though, it will only prepare me more for my soldier of the quarter board tomorrow.

EDIT: once again i failed to pay attention to detail. the site i linked is for an australian army standard. your answer will definitely be somewhere in AR 840-10 though

"lead me, follow me, or get out of my way!"

-General George S. Patton Jr.

Posts: 10 | Location: vilseck, germany | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of dperez
posted Hide Post
per the AR 840-10 it is called the "Finial" or the Flagstaffs head. There are four of them.
(1) Eagle (Presidential flagstaffs).
(2) Spearhead (The spearhead is the only device used with Army flags).
(3) Acorn (Markers and marking pennants flagstaffs.)
(4) Ball (Outdoor wall mounted for advertising or recruiting.)

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post