ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    permanent profile E5 board
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

permanent profile E5 board
 Login/Join

posted
So my question is this. My squad leader is really pushing for me to go to the board and I want to as soon as possible. I'm already acting as a team leader. The problem is I have a permanent profile for no situps and 2,5 mile walk on the apft from a injury I sustained attempting to go to SFAS. I am in the TAC for the battalion and we fall under the S3 shop. The ops sergeant major told the schools nco and my squad leader that since I can't do the sittups on the apft that my apft is invalid and that he won't send me to the board. He said that I had to take situps off my profile and suck it up to go to the board. My squad leader then asked if he could give me cpl until I can get setups off my profile and he said he wouldn't give it to me until I went to the board as well. Is this true? I can't find anything in the regs that states that and as far as the apft goes the regs are kinda confusing. Any help as far as quoting regs for me would be much appreciated.

"Sic Dis Pacium Para Belium"

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sounds like your getting cock blocked on that one.

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Nothing about your situation makes your APFT invalid. I think he means it makes him unhappy.

b. Soldiers who are unable to take an aerobic or alternate APFT event due to a permanent physical profile will use
their last APFT score until the Soldier is medically cleared to take the APFT. If the Soldier’s last score was a failing
score, that Soldier will be granted a minimum qualifying score of 60 points for each APFT event.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Wolve
posted Hide Post
Show your first line the info that Soldier60 showed you. What the Ops SGM said might be his personal opinion on why he won't send you, but if he understands that by regulation he is mistaken he might change his mind. Have your first line tactfully bring it up in order to improve your chances for success.
On another note, this information is easily found in the regulations with a little bit of research. While posting on a forum to get an answer might seem easier, sometimes it is best to dig in the regulations yourself to get the right answers and it allows for personal growth.

Posts: 432 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What Soldier60 Posted is correct here is a little more information for you.

AR 600-8-19 paragraph 3-42 Military training states

(1) Permanent profiles.
(a) Those Soldiers with permanent physical profiles for the sit-up and/or push-ups events will be granted 60 points
for each event waived and use the actual score for each event taken and must qualify on the 2–mile run or approved
alternate test according to FM 21–20.

All it takes is a little research and you would be suprised at what you can find out. Everyone doesnt know everything about the regulations. That is why we as NCO's depend on each other to get the job done. I hope this helps

Posts: 14 | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info, I have been looking into the regs I didn't just throw this up here so I could get easy answers but I know there's people out there who have had more experience in this area and its always good to bounce stuff off of each other. This is what I found last night after I posted this.
AR 600-8-19
b. Physical fitness test (situps, pushups, and 2-mile run) must be done according to applicable regulations and field
manuals. To qualify for promotion points, a Soldier must attain a minimum score of 60 points on each event. Each
waived event (due to profile) will be granted 60 points.
(1) Permanent profiles.
(a) Those Soldiers with permanent physical profiles for the sit-up and/or push-ups events will be granted 60 points
for each event waived and use the actual score for each event taken and must qualify on the 2-mile run or approved
alternate test according to FM 21–20.
(b) Effective 1 April 1995, Soldiers taking an alternate event for the 2-mile run and receiving a passing score
receive a score for that event equal to the average of the scores for the other two events.

So the way I take this is I do my pushups then receive a 60 for setups then if my walk is a go then I get the average of the pushups and situps for my walk score?

"Sic Dis Pacium Para Belium"

Posts: 2 | Registered: 18 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
So the way I take this is I do my pushups then receive a 60 for setups then if my walk is a go then I get the average of the pushups and situps for my walk score?

Yes that is correct

Posts: 14 | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Don't you just love SM's who make up their own rules. We had a CSM at higher who would not send soldiers who passed tape to school.

Posts: 19 | Registered: 08 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post