ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    Another question about Correspondence Course Points
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another question about Correspondence Course Points
 Login/Join

posted
If I completed, say 18 out of 20 courses in an ACCP module but didn't complete the last two in the specific time, do I still get credit for the other courses that i DID complete under the module? Or do I have to do the whole thing over again? This is in reference to the old atia ACCP site, not Skillport stuff. Thanx for the help!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I don't believe those count as promotion points.

I use skillport because it's easier to handle and everything on there is worth points. ACCP is just annoying.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 703 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am wondering if someone can show me in writing where it says they have to be completely finished courses. If I got a passing grade, that should count.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
My S1 keeps telling me the whole module needs to be passing. They've never showed it to me on paper either, so I just moved on to Skillport.

Easier to use, in my opinion.

"The most dangerous thing in the world is a second lieutenant with a map and a compass."
-Murphy's Law of Combat

Posts: 703 | Location: USAG-Daegu, South Korea | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FWA94F
posted Hide Post
The regulation that you'll want to read is AR 600-8-19. That has what you need.

To be able to get promotion points for a correspondence course, it must be on your ATRRS transcript. For it to be on your ATRRS transcript, you must have completed the whole course. I know it sucks, but since they migrated things over to ALMS, you'll have to take the whole course over again.

All the Skillport stuff is the way to go, especially if you already have a computer background. It will be especially beneficial once the new promotion system takes effect, as each sub-module of a course will be listed on your ATRRS.

I used the courses offered from AMMO school for a lot of my hours. Like some of the Skillport courses, they are worth college credit so you can double dip on points if you don't already have college. Some of the coures don't even have a final exam. They generally range between 15-32 hours per course.

Another thing to think about is going ahead and start knocking out your Structured Self Development (SSD1) courses out now. They should populate hours on your ATRRS, and they will be mandatory. Expect your leadership to start trying to get people started on those, you'll be ahead of the curve.

If you do the Skillport courses, expect your S1 to give you dirty looks, as they will have to add a lot of small numbers when calculating your Correspondence Course hours.

Posts: 87 | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you do the Skillport courses, expect your S1 to give you dirty looks, as they will have to add a lot of small numbers when calculating your Correspondence Course hours.

You can always do what I do and under each area that's broken down (I believe it's by quarters, or whatever) you can write the added number of each section and add it all on top to help them. Although they still don't trust me. I do have an 11 page ATRRS transcript right now, LOL!

quote:
Another thing to think about is going ahead and start knocking out your Structured Self Development (SSD1) courses out now.

What is the SSD1? How new is it? I've never heard of it in my past 4 years in the Army.

I feel dumb now, please don't slam me.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

Picture of FWA94F
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the SSD1? How new is it? I've never heard of it in my past 4 years in the Army.

I feel dumb now, please don't slam me.

No need to feel dumb. It is the new distance learning initiative from the army. There are 5 stages to SSD (SSD1-SSD5). Each portion being 80 hours, with SSD1 covering a lot of the things you'll be expected to know as a Squad leader and SSD5 being what you are expected to know as a SGM. One thing to note, SSD1 will soon become a prerequisite for attending WLC (if it's not already). If you have not yet attended WLC, and anticipate attending in the near future, you might want to enroll and complete the course.

Here is a link to an article about the program http://www.armytimes.com/news/.../army_NCOES_091409w/

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
No need to feel dumb. It is the new distance learning initiative from the army. There are 5 stages to SSD (SSD1-SSD5). Each portion being 80 hours, with SSD1 covering a lot of the things you'll be expected to know as a Squad leader and SSD5 being what you are expected to know as a SGM. One thing to note, SSD1 will soon become a prerequisite for attending WLC (if it's not already). If you have not yet attended WLC, and anticipate attending in the near future, you might want to enroll and complete the course.

Sweet. Thanks.

You said it's worth promotion points and college credits since it goes on my ATRRS transcript, right? Or did I read that wrong?

Thanks for the info, I have yet to be to WLC and I'm trying my damndest to go to the board. Just a matter of time for both. I'm doing what I need to, just waiting to be sent. Ugh.

Again thanks. I'll start this either today or tomorrow when I less work on my plate or at home when my son is napping.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
I just thought of something. Where exactly do we enroll and take the SSD1 classes?

-Murphy's Law of Combat

Picture of FWA94F
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just thought of something. Where exactly do we enroll and take the SSD1 classes?

You sign up for the course on the ATRRS website. Follow this link:https://www.atrrs.army.mil/selfdevctr/. On the left hand where it says title, search for self. You'll see it in the results. It's pretty intuitive from that point.

As to your last post, if it shows up as hours on your ATRRS, it is indeed worth promotion points. However, it is only worth college if the course is listed in the ACE National guide. Just google ACE National guide to find which courses have been reviewed by ACE. SSD1 may not currently be worth any college credit, but they do plan to make it worth college credit in the future.

Picture of sysalis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just google ACE National guide to find which courses have been reviewed by ACE. SSD1 may not currently be worth any college credit, but they do plan to make it worth college credit in the future.

That's when I just keep submitting my transcript to Phoenix, which I need to re-submit anyway since I have a bunch of stuff on there that should be used for my IT degree that wasn't on my transcript when I first sent it to them in 2009.

-Murphy's Law of Combat

posted Hide Post
How many hours is the SSD1 course good for? I began the application but am wondering how many hours its worth if completed? Does anyone know?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 04 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe it is worth 80 hours total.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 30 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post