ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    Military Education codes for ERB.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Education codes for ERB.
 Login/Join

posted
I was wondering if there is a list of schools/accp/courses codes out there that I can look to see if any of these courses can be added on my ERB. I.e the Defense Distribution Management course can also be added on your ERB under the Military Education Section VI, and it would give you an extra 16 promotion points plus the ammount of hours that you are already getting for it. The courses I've done so far are:

SUPPORT OPERATIONS COURSE (SOC)
SMOKE COURSE
PHYSICAL SECURITY
DECONTAMINATION COURSE
DEFENSE DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT
HUMAN RIGHTS AWARENESS EDUCATION
SERE 100.1 LEVEL A CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING
ROSETTA STONE V3 FRENCH LEVEL 1 UNIT 1
SSD1

Posts: 8 | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jae_3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kyldare:
I was wondering if there is a list of schools/accp/courses codes out there that I can look to see if any of these courses can be added on my ERB. I.e the Defense Distribution Management course can also be added on your ERB under the Military Education Section VI, and it would give you an extra 16 promotion points plus the ammount of hours that you are already getting for it. The courses I've done so far are:

SUPPORT OPERATIONS COURSE (SOC)
SMOKE COURSE
PHYSICAL SECURITY
DECONTAMINATION COURSE
DEFENSE DISTRIBUTION MANAGEMENT
HUMAN RIGHTS AWARENESS EDUCATION
SERE 100.1 LEVEL A CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING
ROSETTA STONE V3 FRENCH LEVEL 1 UNIT 1
SSD1

If you log on to this site, https://s1net.army.mil, there is a excel spreadsheet that you can use to look up military school codes. You can also bring your your documents to you your S1 since they will be looking it up and adding them to your erb.

Posts: 26 | Registered: 01 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
I asked my S1 about a lot of these courses that I have taken. If they are online courses such as SSD3, then it shows up under your correspondance hours. The resident courses are the ones that will be listed under your mil ed...unless your S1 knows something my old S1 doesn't

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 726 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
http://ncosupport.com/military...RB-school-codes.html

A lot of codes are here. No one is going to take care of you like you will. I asked S-1 to look for some school codes for courses I had completed and they couldn't find them. I searched this list and found 4 course codes.

Like mentioned before, SSD1 and any other online course will not go on your ERB or count towards resident course hours.

Posts: 662 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
These are all distance learning courses? I know at least some of them are. If they are full courses and convert to your attrs transcript then it will bump your correspondence course hours up. The course itself will not be represented on the ERB as a resident course. I think there's like only one course that does that and it's some IT course.

Posts: 346 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
From S1Net:

quote:
1. HRC Enlisted Promotions has provided the attached course list to inform Soldiers of those courses which are valid for points at 4 points per week, and those which are not. The below information is also provided as a reminder of the policy for awarding points for resident training courses. Also, see attached MILPER Message 11-306, which provides information on points for Professional Military Education, Resident Military Training, and Computer Based Training.

2. Formal Military Training.

a. Courses formally listed in ATRRS (and which have a "Y" on the attached list) are authorized promotion points (exceptions follow) at the rate of 4 (four) promotion points per week (defined as 40 training hours) of military training.

b. Promotion points are not authorized for NCOES courses (except as indicated in para 3 below), all badge-producing courses (see military awards), Basic Combat Training, Advanced Individual Training, New Equipment Training, USMAPS/United States Military Academy (USMA), language training, Officer Candidate School, Warrant Officer Career Course. No promotion points are granted for On-the-job training (OJT) and on-the-job experience (OJE), including Sergeant’s Time Training. Military courses completed in the other Armed Forces that were required to hold qualification in or be awarded a MOS/rate are not authorized promotion points. Federal Emergency Management Agency courses (see DA PAM 350-59, para 4-54) are not authorized promotion points.
c. Ranger, Special Forces, and Sapper qualification courses. Soldiers will be awarded 40 promotion points for completion of these courses. All phases of the courses must be completed prior to awarding promotion points.
d. Other military resident training courses (annotated on DA Form 87). Promotion points granted are limited to Soldier Training Courses listed in AR 350-1, paragraph 4-14c (listed below as (1) through (17)). Soldiers will be granted 10 promotion points upon successful completion of each course. THESE COURSES LISTED BELOW (1-17) HAVE A "N" IN THE ATTACHED LIST AS THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED 4 POINTS PER WEEK, BUT ARE WORTH 10 POINTS TOTAL. No other military training annotated on a DA Form 87, except those listed in AR 350-1 as Soldier Training Courses, are authorized promotion points. Locally designed certificates of training (in lieu of DA Form 87) are acceptable for the below courses.

(1) The Army Maintenance Management System Clerk Course
(2) Prescribed Load List Clerk Course
(3) Motor Pool Operations/Management Course.
(4) Generator Operator Course
(5) Fuel Handlers Course
(6) Basic Welding Course
(7) Forklift Operator Course
(8) Bus Driver Course
(9) Unit Supply Clerk Course
(10) Unit Supply Operations/Management Course
(11) Unit Armorer Course
(12) CBRN Defense Course
(13) Unit Postal Clerk Course
(14) Disk Operating System Course
(15) Word Processing Course
(16) Database Management Course
(17) Unit Level Logistics System Course

3. NCOES (Professional Military Education). (Reference MILPER Message 11-306.)

a. When competing for selection to SGT: WLC graduates will receive 80 promotion points. Unless recognized as a member of the commandant’s list, they will then receive 92 promotion points. In order to receive the maximum points of 104 in this category the Soldier must have achieved Distinguished Honor Graduate status or be identified as the Distinguished Leadership Graduate.

b. When competing for selection to SSG: WLC graduates will receive no promotion points. ALC graduates will receive 90 promotion points. If recognized as having achieved commandant’s list, they will receive 101 promotion points. In order to receive the maximum points of 112 in this category the Soldier must have achieved Distinguished Honor Graduate status or be identified as the Distinguished Leadership Graduate.

b. In instances where Soldiers have completed more than one ALC/BNCOC Course, Soldier will receive points as indicated above for the latest ALC/BNCOC completion, and an additional 20 points for the earlier ALC/BNCOC completion. For those who achieved Commandant’s List, Distinguished Honor Graduate, or Distinguished Leadership recognition (in the earlier class), an additional 5 points will be authorized, for a maximum total of 25 additional points.

Hope this helps!

Matt

H.R. SERGEANT
Former CH-47D/F Helicopter Wrench Monkey

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 395 | Location: Ft. Leavenworth, KS | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Good info Matt. Thanks.

Posts: 1542 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post