ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    Orders held in abeyance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Orders held in abeyance
 Login/Join

posted
Quick question that I'm hoping someone can help me with: I am in a school where I am changing my MOS but I was promoted to SFC in my old (current) MOS. I cannot re-enlist until completion of this school but I cannot get promotion orders until after I re-enlist. My question is: Can I wear SFC rank before orders get published? I have searched 600-8-19 and can't find an answer to this specific problem. The safe answer is to wait until orders are published and that's what I'll do unless someone has encountered this before and can reference an AR or a MILPER message.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 04 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have your career counselor do an extension to meet the req for SFC, and if you are doing the BEAR program, it doesn't matter because you can just reenlist upon attainment of your new MOS. Happens here at DLI all the time. If you aren't in the BEAR, no idea.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Go with the safe answer.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post