ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    new promotion points system regarding to ASI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new promotion points system regarding to ASI
 Login/Join

posted
I have an ASI for my current MOS 25B D1 which is DMS/TMS, under the new promotion points system it says that all ASI will count under military education, my question is how much is it worth, the DMS/TMS length was 240 hours long so would it be like 4 points per 40 hours? Also, would I get credit for my ASI and get to keep it when I reclass into another MOS?

Posts: 48 | Location: denver north carolina | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Also while I am on here I have yet another question. I am stationed in Germany and have been on station since August 2006, and my DEROS is currently August 2009. I was asking my reup nco about TOS requirments when it comes to reenlisting to reclass and he told me that you have to complete 2/3 of your tour and then you are able to go to school and that it was up to the branch when they gave me a school date, does this sound correct? Because I thought that it didnt matter if hell froze over, if you are overseas then you have to stay the complete tour. Thanks for all the help.

Posts: 48 | Location: denver north carolina | Registered: 14 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ussoldier4:
I have an ASI for my current MOS 25B D1 which is DMS/TMS, under the new promotion points system it says that all ASI will count under military education, my question is how much is it worth, the DMS/TMS length was 240 hours long so would it be like 4 points per 40 hours? Also, would I get credit for my ASI and get to keep it when I reclass into another MOS?

Read AR 600-8-19 for any further questions, but yes you can get promotion points for an ASI (there is a clause on the Regulation that if it spart of a restructuring the MOS then it doesnt count but check with your S1), and you get 4 points for every week (40 hours) so doing the math looks like you would get 60 promotion points just from your ASI. If you reclass you can still use it as promotion points (the certificate saying you completed that military training) but you wouldnt be able to use your ASI, for instance if you are an MP (31B2V5), Military Police Investigator, but you reclass to 11B, you wouldnt be an 11B2V5.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post