ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    Promotable Status Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promotable Status Question
 Login/Join

posted
If a promotable soldier is on profile and unable to take a record PT test and their PT card expires, will they lose their promotable status? If so will they need to go back to a board to get it back, or just take the PT test when their profile is up and they are recovered? I've heard different things and I'm trying to get this clarified. Can the commander waive the 12 month PT requirement for a soldier in this situation?

Posts: 23 | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
If the profile is a result of a combat related operations then...

c. Temporary physical profiles and APFT.
(1) AA, AGR, and TPU Soldiers with a temporary profile that prohibit taking one or more events of the APFT will
use their current APFT score provided it is not more than 2 years old at the time of the promotion point computation.

Otherwise..

(2) Temporary profiles.
(a) Soldiers with a temporary profile that prohibits taking one or more events of the APFT will use their current
APFT score provided it is not more than 1 year old at the time of the promotion point computation and the Soldier was
not afforded the opportunity to take an APFT or an authorized alternate test.

The answer may be a little different if you are talking about an SM who is on the integrated/automatic promotion list and not a Soldier who actually went to the board.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
ofile that prohibits taking one or more events of the APF

Thanks for the info, it still seems a little vague, like most regs. The profile I'm talking about is from an overuse injury that required surgery, so I think that may fall into "combat related operations" but I'm not sure. I'll have to look into that further.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post