ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    Cutoff date for adding points........
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cutoff date for adding points........
 Login/Join

posted
Thanks to all that look at this and also thanks to any and all advice given. I have done some research, but still cant seem to find the answer that I am looking for. I need to know what is the last date for the month that someone can add points/verify or certify their 3355. My S1 tells me that in order to add points for the promotions on the 1st, I have to have my paperwork to them NLT the 5th of the prior month, then I have to make sure that I verify/certify NLT the 8th. But I swear I read somewhere that as long as everything is submitted to your S1 by the 15th, your points that are added will be effective for the following month's promotion. I am asking because I missed the cutoff by 6 points last month, and had to fight with my college to get my transcripts right, when I did I turned the information in on the 10th of this month. I was told by S1 to come verify on Monday the 15th. My erb reflected the change in college credit hours on the 12th, but my total points did not change at that time. When I verified on the 15th, the erb was reflecting the total change/reeval. I HOPE that these points I added will be effective for the points coming out in about a week. Anyone with any knowledge that can help me here would be great! Thanks again in advance for any and all help!

~Anthony

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lowmazda:
Thanks to all that look at this and also thanks to any and all advice given. I have done some research, but still cant seem to find the answer that I am looking for. I need to know what is the last date for the month that someone can add points/verify or certify their 3355. My S1 tells me that in order to add points for the promotions on the 1st, I have to have my paperwork to them NLT the 5th of the prior month, then I have to make sure that I verify/certify NLT the 8th. But I swear I read somewhere that as long as everything is submitted to your S1 by the 15th, your points that are added will be effective for the following month's promotion. I am asking because I missed the cutoff by 6 points last month, and had to fight with my college to get my transcripts right, when I did I turned the information in on the 10th of this month. I was told by S1 to come verify on Monday the 15th. My erb reflected the change in college credit hours on the 12th, but my total points did not change at that time. When I verified on the 15th, the erb was reflecting the total change/reeval. I HOPE that these points I added will be effective for the points coming out in about a week. Anyone with any knowledge that can help me here would be great! Thanks again in advance for any and all help!

~Anthony

Your points will not be effective by this cut off coming out. In order for your points to be effective on the following months cut off you have to turn it in and have it verified/certified by the 8th of the month.

(want points to be effective 1 April, then you turn in your points by the 8th of March).

The reason your S1 says the 5th is b/c that allows time to get it in the system (we have other stuff to do other than just sit around and wait for you to come in with your points), get it updated and have you get it certified which you really dont have to do if the person who updates the system certifies it him/herself...sorry but thats the way it goes...good luck to you for the 1 of May.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information! I just seem to get the runaround from everyone I talk to. I do know that different units have different policies. I was just trying to verify 'The Big Army' policy, what is their last date for stuff to be turned in. Also to clarify, I didnt sit around for no special reason, I had been fighting with CTC to get my transcripts straightened out Frowner This has been about a 8 month long process. After 3 submissions of my AARTS transcript, they finally updated it. Not to mention, several calls to them to try to settle this as well, as soon as it was fixed/corrected, I hauled ass to my S1. Once again thank you for the reply!

Anthony

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am in the same situation. I submitted points to my S1 on 7 Jan and would have made the 1 Feb cutoff if my points had been certified on time. My S1 is in the process now of sending an exception to policy memo to my MPD to get my promotion backdated. It is crazy how long this process takes. I have a memo from my BN XO (CDR in Kuwait) stating that I turned in my paperwork on time, it just wasn't processed in a timely manner and MPD is still giving me a hard time.

TransAm95NCO,

Do you have any suggestions on how I could speed up the process or will I just have to wait it out.

Thanks

Posts: 14 | Registered: 28 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So do you have to turn Correspondence(sp) courses into S-1 for them to upload to your ERB or can you(soldier) update it on your own using the 3355? Also does college credits automatically update to your 3355?

Posts: 127 | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
When submitting paperwork to your S-1 for your promotion packet it can take up to 72 hours in eMilpo for the added information to be accessible.

Everything on your DA Form 3355 (Promotion Point Worksheet) is pulled from your ERB.

Do not add anything to your 3355 without it being on your ERB.

A printout of your completed Correspondence Courses should be shown to your S-1/Orderly to add it to your ERB.

Posts: 59 | Location: JBLM | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Michel
posted Hide Post
There are certain classes that don't have a corresponding code that the S-1 can use to input it to your ERB. If you take one of these, you can add the points to your 3355 manually, just make sure you keep your certificate of completion in case your promotion is audited.

Posts: 10 | Registered: 06 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post