ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Community Discussion  Hop To Forums  Promotions    E3 to E4 promotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

E3 to E4 promotion
 Login/Join

posted
I know for promotion from E3 to E4 the requirements are 24m TIS and 6m TIG (waivered). How is this calculated? My BASD is OCT 2008, which is also my DOR for PFC. My PBED is OCT 2006 from when I enlisted in the reserves. Am I eligible for promotion to E4 or is the TIS based only for active service?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 24 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Actually 18 mo TIS 3 mo TIG is for a waiver and 24 mo TIS 6 mo TIG is automatic. Yes, it is going to go off of your BASD for Active Duty.

Posts: 18 | Registered: 30 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG Black
posted Hide Post
To answer your question a little more directly, No you are not eligible for promotion. The time period for promotion to happen is listed above in Mrs. Wilson's remarks.

Posts: 314 | Location: Iraq | Registered: 13 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 68W Do No Harm
posted Hide Post
Follow up on topic, I was looking for some clarity I was checking on something someone told me about the clock does not start for guard until after the person completes school. I did not see this in any books so if person was PFC in Jan of 2005 would he be automatic SPC, by Jan of 2007 goes without saying no flags or discipline

Posts: 55 | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68W Do No Harm:
Follow up on topic, I was looking for some clarity I was checking on something someone told me about the clock does not start for guard until after the person completes school. I did not see this in any books so if person was PFC in Jan of 2005 would he be automatic SPC, by Jan of 2007 goes without saying no flags or discipline

Active Duty = Yes.
School doesn't matter or stop or start any "clock." I believe going to school (AIT?) counts as active duty time for National Guard.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5282 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post