Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stay In Shape After Basic
 Login/Join

posted
I just got out of basic a few weeks ago. I am a slip-op, so I don't have AIT until next summer. What is the best way for me to be sure I stay in shape? Anyone have any good work out plans? I'm open to anything that would help me stay fit.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well you already know what the PT standards are. but I believe in basic you need to do 50% and in AIT and Permanent Party you need to do 60%. What we do is we do as many push ups and sit ups in 2 min then whatever that number was for each divide in half and do 5 sets. I know it sounds hard but you get used to it and it get's easier. Also run for 30 to 40 min.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll do that.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of /elsinore98
posted Hide Post
I went through AIT with a lot of split-op folks who initially had a hard time with the PT upon their return. Most of them had issues with the run, more than pushups and situps. If you can't always find time to run, it's probably a good idea to work on your cardiovascular fitness in another way, whether it be swimming, riding a bicycle, etc...

Posts: 353 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
school sports is a really good one, if your not into that kind of stuff,work out by running 3-4 times a week also try to do as much pushups and situps...however much you keep yourself in shape now will keep you from busting your butt when you get back

Posts: 75 | Registered: 13 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GeOtEcH
posted Hide Post
GI_jenn

Try looking in to crossfit

There are NCOs and then there are Paycheck collectors. Which one are you?

Posts: 56 | Location: USARCENT | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post