New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weight requirements.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I have recently joined the United States Army as an active duty soldier, sworn in and everything. Although I am in, when I took my physical at MEPS I was about 8 lbs. underweight, and I do have a very soon ship date. About 2 weeks. I am wondering what will happen if by my ship date I do not meet the weight requirement (I am also a hardgainer)? I would like to know what will happen to my MOS, will I have to RE-NO as I have been told?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 15 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I also greatly appreciate any help I can recieve from this community.

Picture of k9nermp
posted Hide Post
Your recruiter should be able to answer this for you. When I came in and I got close to going under weight, which was not hard since I had about 5 pounds before I was under I was made to eat a little extra at every meal. The Drill Sergeants would watch and of course knew who was under weight and would walk over to the table and tell use to go get more food. It is not always that "nice" to be able to do that just so happens I went to a 9 week basic then shipped out for AIT so it was not OSUT.

What is Re-No?? Your two posts in here are 1 minute apart. You will not always get an answer that fast.

Ask your recruiter or look up AR 600-9 on this site. That's the weight control Regulation.

The average Shepard can run 35mph, can you??

Posts: 231 | Location: Ft Jackson | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Protein powder and hit the weights!

Posts: 163 | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of jgarner
posted Hide Post
k9nermp, Re-No is renegotiate i believe...

...Gren15 i've never seen anyone get turned away for being underweight, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, i've just never seen it...let us know how this one pans out...good info...

I am a soldier, I fight where I'm told, and win where I fight.

Posts: 222 | Location: FORT LEAVENWORTH, KS | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yea that's my bazzle, I didn't think this one posted so I posted it again then realized it did.

posted Hide Post
I wish it was as easy as protein and hittin the weights. Been tryin that one for years. My recruiter has been all over the country for a while now, and I can't get a hold of him. I'm just worried im going to have to reno, because that makes my recruiter look bad (not to mention all the paperwork) and im going to have to wait more months before I can ship. Just wondering if anyone knows the procedures for fact. It's hard to find info on "underweight" regulations, it's all about overweight.

posted Hide Post
People who are under weight will gain, those who are over will lose. You'll be good man. I was a fat fatty when I joined, and had to lose it before I got out of basic.

Posts: 50 | Location: texas | Registered: 30 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post