ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Getting in shape for BCT    initial pt test before basic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

initial pt test before basic
 Login/Join

Picture of pvt lauren 88mike
posted
Okay so I leave for basic training April 16th and my initial pt test is on the 13th...I can do everything but the push ups. What happens if I fail the push ups part?? Do I not get to leave for basic or....what?

Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 27 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of GoSignal
posted Hide Post
Your recruiter may or may not sign off on the 1-1-1 PT test (a few pushups, a few situps, and a 1 mile run adjusted for your age/sex) for you to ship to Basic, however, if you fail the 1-1-1 at the first week of inprocessing, you will be held there for a few weeks to give you the opportunity to pass. From there, you will likely be chaptered if you lack motivation to continue or cannot pass after a certain amount of weeks.

"It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." -Niccolo Machiavelli, 1515

Posts: 125 | Registered: 25 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just do 100-200 pushups every day for the two weeks until you ship. Break them into small blocks of 10 or 20 if you need to and knock a few out when you have some spare time. You can easily pass pushups in two weeks.

Posts: 275 | Registered: 17 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Lauren is probably female- 100-200 a day is kinda high. Smiler

Just practice doing some per day- 5-10 at a time if you can. If you can't do ANY, do them on your knees, keeping your body straight still from shoulders to knees.

The Army WANTS you to succeed. It might not feel like it sometimes (especially at Basic Training) but they truly want you to be "all that you can be" and "Army of One"...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shewtor McGavin
posted Hide Post
Your Recruiter or Future Soldier Leader should be admistering a Physical Fitness Assessment (PFA) with you monthly. They should be helping you.

Sequence #229

Posts: 283 | Registered: 26 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FTR_Tweak
posted Hide Post
If you fail any portion of the PFA the recruiter should be doing the right thing and asking for a RENO for you. Our BN is getting hit hard from Future Soldier leaders checking the block and the Future Soldier not making it in BCT due to the PFA.

If you know you are having any issues in any part of the PT you should be asking the Future Soldier leader and/or your recruiter for help, it's not hard to do 3 P/U, 13 S/U, and a 9-10min 1 mile.

Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way

Posts: 85 | Location: Spokane Valley, WA | Registered: 31 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post