Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help!?
 Login/Join

posted
Im a future soldier trying to get in shape for basic. The problem is ive lost so much weight that now I bruise my tailbone doing sit-ups. I actually failed the sit-up portion of the pt test because of this. Anyone else had this problem? If not do you have any advice?

Posts: 14 | Registered: 09 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 13FOXRJT:
Im a future soldier trying to get in shape for basic. The problem is ive lost so much weight that now I bruise my tailbone doing sit-ups. I actually failed the sit-up portion of the pt test because of this. Anyone else had this problem? If not do you have any advice?

Yep. Go get it checked out--it may be a pilonidal cyst that hasn't expressed itself yet.

"What we see from our tower is for us to know and for you to find out."--The S-2

Posts: 599 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 21 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I appreciate it intel but no its not that its basically like im sitting on bone now that ive lost by rear-end fat lol and I just dont know what I can do to fix this

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
put a mat down while getting in shape.

There are rules about mats during the PT test, you have to have one big enough for your whole body to be on.

But while you're just working out, use whatever.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
do they have to give you a mat in basic as well?

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 13FOXRJT:
do they have to give you a mat in basic as well?

no- I had a scar on my tailbone from doing situps on the tile floor in the barracks room. Sometimes you get a mat for PT tests, sometimes not. Basic and AIT are just things you work through. The rest of the Army is NOT like that.

I just recommend the mat for now so you can get in shape without hurting yourself.

Keep in mind that a little bit of hurt ass will be the least of your worries later on. The Army isn't for sissies. Wink

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Back when I was skinny (and I mean 6' 140 lbs) I never had that problem. I do however have a quite pronounced butt which provided adequate cushioning. Perhaps developing your gluts with squats could help.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post