ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Joining the Army, BCT and AIT  Hop To Forums  Getting in shape for BCT    Need excersise advice for BCT preparations.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need excersise advice for BCT preparations.
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone! Im currently interested in joining the Army. Right now im trying to get ready for BCT, but I need some advice. Currently, I do 100 push-ups and 100 situps a day. Is this enough to get into shape in 2 months. im 18 and I weigh 260 pounds. Also, I plan to start a running program tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
I dont know what the requirements are now but when I joined you had to be able to do like 15push-ups,9sit-ups and run a mile in like 9mins I think before they even shipped you off to basic from 30th AG "Ft.benning"

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
Lots and lots of cardio. You need to be able to run 2 miles in under 16:36 to pass at 50 points, 15:54 for 60 points.

How tall are you? Depending on your height, you may have to lose upwards of 80-90 lbs. Try programs like insanity or P90X to get in great shape and lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

"If you do not stand by me at my worst, you WILL NOT stand by me at my best."

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
100 push ups and sit ups a day doesn't really mean anything unless you can do that much in 2 minutes or less. In order to pass basic training, you must pass the physical fitness test at 50 points in each event. You have 2 minutes each for the push up and sit up events, and you have to run 2 miles in under 16:36. So, at age 18 you would need to do 35 pushups in 2 minutes, 47 sit ups in 2 minutes, and run faster than a 16:36. Now those numbers are for 50 points in each event, By IET, you need to pass at 60 points in each event, so needless to say, those numbers increase for the push ups and sit ups and decreases for the run.

Posts: 719 | Location: Fort Lee | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It sounds like you have to stop drinking soda and juice, unless you are 7'7" 3 inches from heaven.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Go Ordnance:
Lots and lots of cardio. You need to be able to run 2 miles in under 16:36 to pass at 50 points, 15:54 for 60 points.

How tall are you? Depending on your height, you may have to lose upwards of 80-90 lbs. Try programs like insanity or P90X to get in great shape and lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time.

Im currently 5'9"

Posts: 2 | Location: Ft. Lauderdale | Registered: 25 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Go Ordnance
posted Hide Post
At 5'9" you want to be around 175-190lbs.